2nd Trimester
Options

Baby Girl 'Luca Eve'

13»

Re: Baby Girl 'Luca Eve'

• Options

It's very strange to see negative comments in a forum that I would have thought would be full of happy women...but I've encountered my fair share too...it's sad.

As to your subject, I absolutely LOVE the name Luca Eve!!!

It's soooo beautiful and romantic.

We're expecting our first baby, a girl, and her name will be Mia :)

Best of luck with everything and great job on this beautiful name!! 

• Options

imageCarolynL8:
    imageBlissBerry:
    [quote [//pDumbass, Rhys is a legitimate spelling of a legitimate name. nbsp;Alyx is, well, just plain stupid.
    Who the hell are you to call me a dumbass? You really are a piece of work. You are nasty. Like i told her all names started somewhere. I dislike Rhys. She dislikes the name Alex spelled as Alyx. A. I never even said that im going to spell it that way. I said im not sure how id spell it. B. In 100 years Alyx could be a real name. Names start somewhere. And above all... C. I didnt knock anyones names until she said naming my kid Alyx would be cruel. Meanwhile im sure more people would know what Alyx is over Rhys. D. I didnt butt into your convo on this thread so theres no need to call me a dumbass. You need to learn to be civil. Then maybe you wont get into so many fights on here with your holier than thou attitude.

I don't mean to intrude, but this "Bliss Berry" lady has been rude already in my blog's thread...so to see her be rude here is just validation of what I started to think about her...she's a bully and clearly doesn't have the manners, elegance or intelligence to respect others. This is a forum for Mothers and hopefully ladies...why is there so much negativity and nastiness??? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCarolynL8:

I don't care what you think of me. The only people I've ever had problems with are you and GM (i wont put a full name because shes not involved and theres no reason to call her out. you know who im refferring to) And you two aren't worth being liked by any way. I'd rather be nice to people than be mean like you.

No one says you have to fart rainbows but there are nicer ways to speak to people when you have a difference of opinion.

For instance people can say "that name's not my style" and avoid hurting someone's feelings instead of saying "that name is terrible and it makes me want to vomit".  No one is saying that you have to blow smoke up her @ss and say "I love that name"! It's called being honest without being mean. (Using the name thing as an example I'm not saying you said you wanted to barf)

I know you don't comprehend.

You can make fun of me all you want. What do you make fun of me for? Sticking up for people? Being nice to people? Defending myself? 

Im not going to sit back and be stepped on. There was no reason to call me a dumbass. I stay out of your way. I don't get involved with your arguments. I don't even talk to you because I have no desire to deal with you. I actually avoid responding to you because you love to fight with people.

But I wasn't going to sit back and let you call me a dumbass when I don't say or do anything to you. 

Simma down. It's a message board.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Wow. What a thread. :. 1st tri was so boring today.

Luca is a really girly boy name to me. Though it is totally NMS for a boy or a girl.

DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options

you ladies are adorable when you get all snarky with each other. i look forward to this kind of entertainment when i'm stuck at work and bored.

silly hormones.

• Options
    Personally I see nothing wrong with this name for a girl. It sounds pretty to me. Rather fun and cheerful, actually.
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
  • Options

Rhys is a legitimate Welsh name (E.g., Rhys Ifans) that has a long history of use, including monarchy. I live in the UK, so it is far from unknown. Unlike some names, it is not yet another you-neek attempt to be creative and bastardise a perfectly good moniker.

Further, Luca on a girl? NMS, but the OP's mind has always been made up.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Luca is a great boy's name. I'm not sure how I feel about it being for a girl, but it could work if you love it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Luca for a girl, but would use a longer middle name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good lord, this is still going on? 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageNuggetPie:

imageCarolynL8:
    imageBlissBerry:
    [quote [//pDumbass, Rhys is a legitimate spelling of a legitimate name. nbsp;Alyx is, well, just plain stupid.
    Who the hell are you to call me a dumbass? You really are a piece of work. You are nasty. Like i told her all names started somewhere. I dislike Rhys. She dislikes the name Alex spelled as Alyx. A. I never even said that im going to spell it that way. I said im not sure how id spell it. B. In 100 years Alyx could be a real name. Names start somewhere. And above all... C. I didnt knock anyones names until she said naming my kid Alyx would be cruel. Meanwhile im sure more people would know what Alyx is over Rhys. D. I didnt butt into your convo on this thread so theres no need to call me a dumbass. You need to learn to be civil. Then maybe you wont get into so many fights on here with your holier than thou attitude.

I don't mean to intrude, but this "Bliss Berry" lady has been rude already in my blog's thread...so to see her be rude here is just validation of what I started to think about her...she's a bully and clearly doesn't have the manners, elegance or intelligence to respect others. This is a forum for Mothers and hopefully ladies...why is there so much negativity and nastiness??? 

Oh, the blog you joined the bump to plug?  I certainly don't see you being an active participant here otherwise, just whoring out your *eyeroll* fashion blog. 

Your use of language proves how unintelligent you are and  how truly classless your demeanor is. No one is "whoring" out anything here and it's a shame that you have to speak with such term in a forum about something so beautiful as babies and pregnancy. You don't have to read/support/look at my blog...I'd prefer you didn't because it's not really geared towards women such as you anyway ;)

Hope you're pregnancy is going fabulously and that you find some happiness in your life soon...because you come across super bitter ;) 

• Options
    This thread is still happening! WTF is going on!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    imageStardust54:
    I can't believe I just read through three pages of posts and not one person referenced the song "Luka" by Suzanne Vega?? That's what I think of when I hear it. I think it's different and great! Go for it!!

This exactly! I have nothing to add.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    imagedaylights1:

imagemommyofL&S:
    @Russianmommy: sorry, I meant on baby bump lol. The president of the US was elected to office with the name Barack Obama, I'm The president of the US was elected to office with a name like Barack Obama, I'm not worried about my baby's reception in life with a name like Luca Eve, I guess I realize now how silly I was to begin thinking like this. It is exceptionally beautiful, cute and sassy and sweet all at once. Thanks so much for working me through this all!

I don't even know why I am commenting because this thread is so full of  stupid there probably isn't a point; however, here it goes.  

You do realize that the given name of Barack is extremely common in the world and the surname Obama is more common then the last name Smith on a global level.

Posts like these make you look extremely ignorant.  

Also, I hate the name Luca Eve.  But you asked for opinions.  

I just looked back after excusing myself from this discussion to find it continued on with more ridicule and name-calling. So sad! This is a blessed and happy time! 

As to the president, he himself has stated on many occasions how unbelievable it is that he was elected president of the US with this name. It is a beautiful comment on how old-school thinking has metamorphosed here to embrace difference, to embrace change. It's an extraordinary time to be an American, whether you voted for him or not. On a global level, of course it is common, and of course given our child will be born in this country it is quite probable that she will remain here so it is here that is most applicable. Maybe not, I moved a lot, but that is the probability. 

Regardless, why attack people as such, using words like ignorance and hate? It appears from this experience that there are a lot of women who seek to elevate themselves by ripping at strangers. Very sad, very shallow and I will attempt to stow my curiosity any further from this thread as it seems a few rotten eggs have rendered it more a low form of entertainment then the resource one would hope it to have been. 

• Options
    Since when is gender stereotyping allowed on the bump? This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen. It's 2013 ladies. Men and women are supposed to be equal. Saying this is disgusting and that it makes you want to vomit is the most disgusting part of this thread. Live in the now.
  • Options

Luca is a lovely name, for a girl or a boy.

Y'all oldass biddies in here need to unclench, unwad, unstickupyourasses. Seriously.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageKitiara5512:

Luca is a lovely name, for a girl or a boy.

Y'all oldass biddies in here need to unclench, unwad, unstickupyourasses. Seriously.

LOL!! I love finally being able to check back on this thread and read some fun (and not mean) comments :)

Thank you to the most recent posters that agree...there's way too much negativity here. I'm so glad to read message from ladies that are happy, supportive and intelligent :)

XOXO 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"