Baby Showers

Question about time frame for thank-you notes.

I know that the sooner the better is the general rule on thank-you notes, but was wondering what people considered the limit on length of time after shower before thank-you notes are sent. The reason is that I know a lot of people will be giving me newborn clothing at my shower, and I thought it would be cute to include a picture of baby wearing the outfit that someone gave them in the thank-you note.

My shower is in two weeks; I will be 35 weeks at that time. So, I figure if I want to do the picture thing, it would be at most 8 weeks after the shower. Is that too long?

Also, if I do the picture thing, for people who give something other than clothing (or clothing that isn't new born sized) should I send their thank-you notes ASAP, or wait until I send the others?  And if I wait, possibly include a "birth announcement" type photo?

I also realize that I may be making this way more complicated than it needs to be, so if I need a reality check, please tell me! 

Re: Question about time frame for thank-you notes.

• I would just do regular thank you notes. I would try to get them out within 2 weeks. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Check yo' self before you wreck yo' self. That crazy talk. Send the thank you's ASAP.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • image2Chefs:
    Check yo' self before you wreck yo' self. That crazy talk. Send the thank you's ASAP.

Yup.

Send the notes asap!  Once LO is here you'll have enough to do (sleep).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Get them out within the month.

You are not going to have time to take pix and print and write the TY once baby is here. I mean, you will, but you will want to be doing the 451 loads of laundry you will have, snoozing, or general clean up of what will be the start of a several year cycle of house chaos.

:) 

• imagePunkyBooster:

Get them out within the month.

You are not going to have time to take pix and print and write the TY once baby is here. I mean, you will, but you will want to be doing the 451 loads of laundry you will have, snoozing, or general clean up of what will be the start of a several year cycle of house chaos.

:) 

LOL - love this bit of advice.  It is so true.  I did actually take a picture of my LO wearing a onesie that said Thank You on it for the front of the thank you cards I sent.  They were just done at home in about a day or two.  I had showers when I was really far along though - 36, 37, and 38 weeks...so the cards were out within a month of the shower in most cases.  If you have a month or more to wait for your LO then you might want to just get them out ASAP.

• Yeah---  send a picture later.  Don't wait on the TY's.  Every person is different, every baby is different, but the first 2 weeks were SOOOOOOOOO hard.  SO hard for me.  I was exhausted, didn' tknow which end was up.  The idea of actually having to put thought into what clothes I was putting on my baby and then taking a nice picture... um, yeah, no.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I think you will be too overwhelmed caring for a newborn to remember and have the time to take photos of the baby in specific outfits that were gifted to send in thank-you cards. I prefer to get mine out right away (I think within two weeks is appropriate though).
  • Send the thank you notes ASAP.  After the baby comes there are many ways that you can quickly send a pic of you LO with the new outfits.  In this case, later when baby arrices you can send a quick cell pic in a text message would be appropriate or  email the pics to the gift givers.  My sis post pics of here LO all the time on her facebook, and if she was wearing an outfit that was gifted to her, she would just note that in the discription. 

• I'd send those out asap.  There's nothing that says you can't take photos of each outfit and send those along later. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your heart is in the right place, but you are totally over thinking! 

Send your thank yous asap.  There is plenty of time for AWing your baby--that's what facebook is for, right?Wink

Good luck to you!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Thanks for all the replies everyone!  I'll forgo the pics, and just send prompt thank-yous (I can't believe I didn't take into consideration the whole newborn and no sleep thing!)
  • Let's just be real here....no one really LIKES changing a NB's clothes all that much.  It's kind of like changing diapers...you know you have to do it but it's something you dread. You just hold your nose and go in to get it done as quickly (but thoroughly) as possible.  You really don't want to be thinking "Oh, this is clean--have we already worn this one for a TY?  Wait, I sent aunt mable's card, but did she give me the pretty princess shirt or the spoiled angel onesie?"  It's more like "Oh look, something clean :boom: done."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"