• Options
    imagepeanut+muse:

imageCharmedBAcMF:
    It's Tuesday! Happy New year!

Party!!!

::::hands out party poppers to all:::::

imageimageimage
  • Options

I agree that something else is going on here. I just can't believe anybody can be that stupid.

ETA: Are you in an abstinence only education state? Because that would explain some things for me.

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemegaboosmom:
    I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who's dumb enough to believe this anyway.

lol!
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    The only sense I can make of this is that maybe the MIL is thinking that if they don't get into the habit of using condoms now, the bigger chance of getting pregnant soon after because they won't be in the routine of using protection.

Not that their habit of using condoms is any of her business and this whole thing still is really weird, but I have to admit that's how I interpreted this.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options

imagelindsey61811:
    The only sense I can make of this is that maybe the MIL is thinking that if they don't get into the habit of using condoms now, the bigger chance of getting pregnant soon after because they won't be in the routine of using protection. Not that their habit of using condoms is any of her business and this whole thing still is really weird, but I have to admit that's how I interpreted this.

Maybe you're just trying to be nice, but this doesn't make any sense at all. It's not even close to what the OP posted. I think you're reaching here. 

• Options

imagepurplepeanut6:
    It makes sense. not so you dont get pregnant again its so YH doesnt impregnate your baby. You dont want your baby born pregnant! do you?!!?

Holy shitt. I think you're right, pp! I never thought of it that way. But, but, I have a question. What if I am having a little boy?  How do I get the condom on him in utero? I don't want his baby spermies getting me pregnant while I'm pregnant with him! HELLP!

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• Options
    :: streaks through thread ::
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepeanut+muse:

imagelindsey61811:
    The only sense I can make of this is that maybe the MIL is thinking that if they don't get into the habit of using condoms now, the bigger chance of getting pregnant soon after because they won't be in the routine of using protection.

Not that their habit of using condoms is any of her business and this whole thing still is really weird, but I have to admit that's how I interpreted this.

Maybe you're just trying to be nice, but this doesn't make any sense at all. It's not even close to what the OP posted. I think you're reaching here.&nbsp;

I must be reading her post wrong because I thought it was weird that I was the only one who took it that way lol. Oh we'll.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    imagebakes4u:
    imagebakes4u:

imagepkaren:
    That is completely ridiculous. 1 sperm won't live that long. 2 I'm pretty sure there's a nothing in the vagina rule for at least six weeks post partum as well.

There is zero reason for you to use condoms right now. Your MIL is stupid.

If you absolutely hate condoms you should look into getting an IUD after you have the baby.

Actually there is a rule for most patients after giving vaginal birth that you do not have sex for 6 weeks post partum.

Please educate yourself on birth and after birth before releasing misinformation on the board. For many women this is their first pregnancy and birth. This is my 3rd. So I have done the birth thing a few times.

Whoops sorry read that wrong hahaha! I thought you meant you are allowed to have sex during post partum

Damn pregnancy brain!

Sorry poster!

I was wondering if you were telling me to educate myself or OP! I read my post again and thought "isn't that what I said" lol. No worries.
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"