August 2013 Moms
Options

My prenatal was making me sick.

So....I don't think I am suffering from morning sickness at all. I think my body hates my prenatal.

Last pg I took a prescription vitamin and felt awesome. And I was too lazy to see if my new insurance covered it this time around. The nurse told me it can be super pricy with some insurance and gave me some OTC options. I have been dutifully taking it because I am not a great eater but i forgot to take it a few days and I felt pretty good!!! So I didn't take it last night either and I felt good all day today too!!!

Sadly my baby is not getting the dha and vitamins it needs but I do feel tons better!!! I am calling the pharmacy to see how much my copay will be with the rx I was on last time. Otherwise I'm switching to a gummy prenatal!!! No more one a day for me! I've been miserable nearly a month!!! WTH. I never considered it would be the vitamin. Duh.
 DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

Re: My prenatal was making me sick.

• Options
    I have been really sick w/morning sickness allday sickness but my OTC prenatals were making it worse. The gummy ones settled better but none that I found had plantbased DHA a must for my food allergies nor iron. I decided to switch to my rx prenatal, which is 35 a month. It is expensive, but by the time I bought everything separately including stool softener which is in my rx, it was practically a push.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are you taking it with a meal? Taking any kind of vitamin on an empty stomach makes me green. Or try taking it at a different time of day. There's also no shame in the gummies, they're just a but pricier.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The advice I was given was to take my prenatal with food, right before bed. This way, you sleep through any nausea you might have.

It's been working for me - maybe give that a shot?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageHermansWife:
    The advice I was given was to take my prenatal with food, right before bed. This way, you sleep through any nausea you might have. It's been working for me maybe give that a shot?

Oh yeah. This isn't my first trip to this rodeo. Lol. I've tried it with meals, and as stated in my post, before bed. It's awful either way!! Boo Hoo. But I did contact my insurance, the Rx, Prenexa, will be 10 a month. SCORE!!! I should have just stuck with what works from the beginning!!!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    imageHermansWife:

The advice I was given was to take my prenatal with food, right before bed. This way, you sleep through any nausea you might have.

Really? My prenatal instructions (prescription) specifically say I can't eat for an hour after I take it or 2-3 hours before I take it. Luckily, it hasn't seemed to make me TOO miserable, but I think I would feel a lot better if I could take it with food. 

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagelynn97:
    I have been really sick w/morning sickness allday sickness but my OTC prenatals were making it worse. The gummy ones settled better but none that I found had plantbased DHA a must for my food allergies nor iron. I decided to switch to my rx prenatal, which is 35 a month. It is expensive, but by the time I bought everything separately including stool softener which is in my rx, it was practically a push.

I think VitaFusion Gummies have plant based DHA.  

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenatleilynn:
    imageHermansWife:

Really? My prenatal instructions (prescription) specifically say I can't eat for an hour after I take it or 2-3 hours before I take it. Luckily, it hasn't seemed to make me TOO miserable, but I think I would feel a lot better if I could take it with food.&nbsp;

You are not actually supposed to take it with food as many of the nutrients can't be absorbed as well iron being one. I still take mine with good sometimes, though, if I'm having a really nauseous day. Also, I know the night thing works well for many people but I just wake up over and over during the night :

OP, I love Prenexa too. It is 35 a month for me but I'm paying it for now b/c it works. I was taking the Vitafusion Prenatals and liked them but the DHA ones I found locally had fish oil. Plus they didn't have any iron and the still softeners really help me in the rx. After buying all of that, the 35 didn't sound so bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    One a days ALWAYS make me sick. I take the CVS gummies with DHA. My OB said if I dont need the iron thats fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"