February 2012 Moms
Options

Feeling empty, prayers please

This morning our beloved pastor passed away suddenly.  My husband has been going to the church since the beginning, about 21 years ago, as with many of the other members.  We are a very close congregation and my heart is not only breaking from the sorrow of not having this wonderful man in my life anymore, but also for the rest of our church family, and especially his family.  He had been preaching a series on the book of Revelation and yesterday was the last day of his series on the final chapter (which is basically about heaven for those who may not be religious) and this morning he went to be in the paradise he preached of yesterday morning. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Feeling empty, prayers please

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful way to go though, ending in Revelation like that. A former pastor of the church I grew up in just died last night. They are both home now, and I know they are so joyous. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageNatesLady1309:
    So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful way to go though, ending in Revelation like that. A former pastor of the church I grew up in just died last night. They are both home now, and I know they are so joyous. 

Thank you.  I believe God definitely wanted him to finish his series.  He became suddenly ill Saturday evening but forced himself to come to church because he "just needed to finish the series,"  he made some mention of what we would be looking at in the new year but when he was saying all of this I just had such a horrible feeling that this would be his last sermon.  I just can't believe he is actually gone, he was only 59. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you! I'm sorry for the loss. Church is like family and when someone leaves it affects everyone. What a beautiful way to end, though!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. My heart is just breaking for his family. And his poor daughter (a friend of mine), it was her anniversary yesterday.
  • Options
    Oh, that's terrible news!  Thoughts to your pastor's family, you and your church family.  So sorry for your sudden loss. Crying
    Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • Options

So sorry for you and your church family's loss! Your pastor sounds like a great man who has gone home to be with Jesus. But, I know it's still difficult to work through the shock and grief, even if you know he's in heaven. So, I just wanted to say I'll definitely be praying for you and the church. Keep clinging to the Lord-I know He wants to carry you all through this time!

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

• Options
    imagegardensparrow:

So sorry for you and your church family's loss! Your pastor sounds like a great man who has gone home to be with Jesus. But, I know it's still difficult to work through the shock and grief, even if you know he's in heaven. So, I just wanted to say I'll definitely be praying for you and the church. Keep clinging to the Lord-I know He wants to carry you all through this time!

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

Thank you so much for this! I just saw your post today, so I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, hopefully you see this.  Your words are definitely a comfort! And the verse you included is a reminder to me that I need to find my comfort in the Lord.  I really needed this! Especially after having our first worship service without our pastor yesterday and seeing the pain felt by his wonderful family, and finding myself mad at God. Again, thank you. I know that the road to healing for our church family and our pastor's immediate family will be long, so your prayers are much appreciated! 

• Options

You're so welcome! I'm glad that verse was encouraging. :) And, I'll continue to keep everyone in my prayers. ((Hugs))!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"