March 2012 Moms
Options

First Birthday?

Hi, Ladies!

I mostly lurk on the bump but I have a dilemma. I need to figure out when to host my son's birthday party. His birthday is March 19; we'd like to have the party the weekend before because more family will be able to come.

Here's the issue: March 16 is the 10 year anniversary of my dad's death and the 17th is St Patrick's Day. I wouldn't mind having the party either day but don't want to look insensitive. My dad wouldn't care either and is probably laughing at me for over thinking this! :)

Do we have the party on Saturday, March 16 and not worry about the anniversary because people generally have parties on Saturday? Or have it on Sunday, March 17 and do a St Patrick's Day theme?

Thanks for helping! 

BFP #1: 2/21/09 d&c @ 8w5d BFP #2: 6/20/09 mc @ 9w1d BFP #3: DS born 10/23/10 BFP #4: DS2 born 3/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First Birthday?

• Options

Like you said- you think your dad is looking down on you and probably laughing then I think your family would understand. If anyone says anything, then just say that you are having a life celebration of two special men in your life. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Do whatever day you think is best with your family and friends. 

• Options
    imagelivandash:

Like you said- you think your dad is looking down on you and probably laughing then I think your family would understand. If anyone says anything, then just say that you are having a life celebration of two special men in your life. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Do whatever day you think is best with your family and friends. 

Yes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have the party on Saturday. Light a candle and set it beside a picture of your dad in the corner of the room, or on a mantle. He will be there with you and your family will hopefully see the thought behind it. :-) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies. It nice to see others won't think we are weird for having the party on that Saturday. :)
    BFP #1: 2/21/09 d&c @ 8w5d BFP #2: 6/20/09 mc @ 9w1d BFP #3: DS born 10/23/10 BFP #4: DS2 born 3/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think Saturday would be ok!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I lost my dad almost 16 years ago. Anyone who would dare question my love for him because I decided to celebrate his grandchildren's birthday on the anniversary of his death doesn't know me. I say either day is fine, and I think it would be an honor to celebrate his life by celebrating his grandchild's birth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageacaudill75:
    I lost my dad almost 16 years ago. Anyone who would dare question my love for him because I decided to celebrate his grandchildren's birthday on the anniversary of his death doesn't know me. I say either day is fine, and I think it would be an honor to celebrate his life by celebrating his grandchild's birth.

Thank you! Those were my thoughts, I guess I just needed reassurance.  

• Options
    imagemom2david:

imageacaudill75:

Thank you! Those were my thoughts, I guess I just needed reassurance.  

Anytime. I have lots of opinions!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageWipz:
    imagelivandash:

Yes

agreed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"