Cloth Diapering
Options

baby powder?

I tried to do a search of the boards and couldn't find anything, but is baby powder ok to use w/ cloth?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby powder?

• Options

From what I've read, baby powder shouldn't be used at all, regardless of if you're using cloth or sposies. AAP's stance is to avoid it. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageabbyful:
    From what I've read, baby powder shouldn't be used at all, regardless of if you're using cloth or sposies. AAP's stance is to avoid it.nbsp;

This exactly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes you can use it. I don't use it but my parents LOVE to cake it on my kids. My son loves it on his feet after a bath. But yes. You can use it with cloth.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think baby powder is usually cautioned against due to the risk of inhaling the talc, especially when shaken directly on LO. I use a talc-free version on DD with no negative effect on the CD's. There are natural versions you can buy or make yourself. 
  • Options

Hmm. I might have to look into those natural or homemade versions.

Basically I was using it to try to keep the California Baby butt cream on longer. Like making a sort of barrier so it didnt just wipe right off as soon as I put the diaper one.  I love CA baby butt cream, but its not very "sticky" .  Shes had a rash the past few days and the pedi was recommeding the 40% Desitin. And I have no liners either.  sooooo, yeah. thats that.

• Options
    It's not hard to find baby powder without talc. I've also heard you can use straight corn starch. Unfortunately, it will feed yeast infections, so I would be careful.

• Options

Yeah I'm definitely avoiding cornstarch because we have recurrent yeast (maybe).

She seems to have cleared up pretty nicely though over the past two days. I'm hoping straight up cream w/out the powder will do ok for keeping it at bay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"