February 2013 Moms
Options

possible tmi - bump by perineum

I'm not sure if I should call the doctor or if this could just be a hemorrhoid?  I've never had a hemorrhoid so I don't know.

I have a small pea sized bump by my perineum.  The bump is under the skin, but my skin isn't red or anything.  It hurts to touch it.  I haven't had any blood in my stool or anything like that. 

Any ideas?  Should I call the doctor and go in? 

Re: possible tmi - bump by perineum

• Options
    Might be a cyst. I got them with DS. If it hurts, I'd go ahead and have it checked just for peace of mind.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was thinking a pimple or ingrown hair. I had a bump on my private area, and went to my OB for it thinking it could be some sort of infection, and she said it was a pimple, and not to worry. As painful as it was it was just from my body producing extra hormones for the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got 2 of those a few years ago(wasn't pregnant). They still don't know what caused them. I had to have mine cut open and drained out because they were infected. Go to your doctor just for the peace of mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"