September 2012 Moms
Options

Talk me down...

So yesterday I noticed what I would call a knot in the top center of DD's forehead. Then I noticed that a ridge followed it down the center of her forehead. Well my dumbazz visited Dr. Google and now am freaking the fluck out. I am seeing something called metopic ridge that will possibly need surgically corrected or it can cause innercranial pressurre. Apparently it happens when the metopic sutures prematurely fuse. Her soft spot is still there, I can't feel the ridge, just see it.

I know I am an idiot for Googling, but does anybody else's LO have a ridge down the center of their forehead ? Has anyone had this with their first child ? Please someone talk to me before I sit here the entire evening with a knot in my stomach on the verge of tears !!!

P.S. Her next appt is the 15th and we pulled her out of our crappy ped in this town and she is now seeing our family doc.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Talk me down...

• Options
    I have no advice other than back away from the google, it will only make you worry more : sending positive thoughts!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I have a ridge all the way down my forehead. I graduated from college with honors!

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekbetzner:
    I have a ridge all the way down my forehead. I graduated from college with honors!

That seriously makes me feel better !

• Options
    DS is sleeping or I would check. I know it's REALLY hard not to, but try not to Google. Just call your doctor on Wednesday and see if they are concerned.

• Options

My little guy has a knot like thing on the back of his head. His doctor said it is a cyst from the blood vessels but is harmless. She said it would go away on its own. She could move it with her fingers so that's why she said it was ok.

Not sure if that helps or not, but like PP said- Stay away from Google!

• Options
    My dd was born with overlapping sutures. It's basically when the plates of their skull overlap and take a few months to separate. Very rarely does it require surgery bc they move on their own. Does it sound like that's what it could be? She had a ridge down her forehead till she was 3 or 4 months old. I would just try to relax and write it down for an appt : and stay off Google!!
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options

it looks pretty similar to your siggy, just wider. However, in feeling it, I'm not feeling bone ? Idk ? I am just going to try to let my mind and Googling rest until her appt.

Thanks guys !!

• Options
    My middle child had a ridge down the center of his forehead.  He's perfectly fine at age 1. The only thing that caused any problem with it was when he was learning to walk. He would sometimes fall forward and that ridge would bruise his forehead easily.  
  • Options
    imagefingerscrossed8:
    My little guy has a knot like thing on the back of his head. His doctor said it is a cyst from the blood vessels but is harmless. She said it would go away on its own. She could move it with her fingers so that's why she said it was ok. Not sure if that helps or not, but like PP said Stay away from Google!

DS has one of these too, towards the front left under his hair.. We are going to a derm per pedi recommendation just to be sure that's what it is. Pedi isn't concerned about it at all!
    Little B 9.20.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"