October 2012 Moms
Options

Trying for specific gender

Did anyone use one of the methods floating out there to get a specific gender and did it work??

I just had my first LO in october and we didn't care what it was..we got an amazing little boy.  I am already thinking about number two and would really like a girl.  We have always debated if we were going to have 2 or 3 kids and after having one we are leaning more towards only having two. I really really want a daughter.  I have told my husband if number 2 is a girl we can probably stop but if it's a boy we are trying for a girl with number 3.
So we aren't trying yet or too soon but if you used a home method to get a gender and it did or didn't work please share with me!!!

Re: Trying for specific gender

• Options

you should check out the forums ingender.com 

honestly I find it all a bit crazycakes but that place is a good place for similarly minded people and they probably will probably have better "advice" than you will find here.

DD 9/15/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a really loony aunt who wanted only girls and so she had sex at the beginning of her ovulation period and both times they had girls. This is called the ____ method.. I can't remember the name. Personally, I don't care what the sex of the baby is!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow maybe its just my cold medicine talking but this post makes me twitchy. IMHO you get what you are meant to get. But to each his own I guess.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageStarry Again:
    you should check out the forums ingender.comnbsp;honestly I find it all a bit crazycakes but that place is a good place for similarly minded people and they probably will probably have better "advice" than you will find here.

Have to agree, some of those people are nuttier than squirrel sh!t. But they have some good advice. Also, for not a huge cost, usually less than 1000, you can have DH sperm collected and spun, then turkey baster method. I guess its about 80 accurate for gender.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What if you guys have a 3rd boy?
  • Options

imagenickell5:
    imageStarry Again:
    you should check out the forums ingender.comnbsp;honestly I find it all a bit crazycakes but that place is a good place for similarly minded people and they probably will probably have better "advice" than you will find here.
    Have to agree, some of those people are nuttier than squirrel sh!t. But they have some good advice. Also, for not a huge cost, usually less than 1000, you can have DH sperm collected and spun, then turkey baster method. I guess its about 80 accurate for gender.

LOL

• Options
    I wanted a girl, but take all the home methods with a grain of salt. However since I already charted my cycles we tried to "load up" before ovulation, since as PP said, girl sperm is supposed to be slower, but live longer so it could increase your odds when the egg drops.
  • Options

It's called the Shettles Method.  If I recall right, if the assumption that sperm with female genes are slower but live longer is really true, then it moves the odds from 50/50 to 52/48.  That's it.  You're gonna get what you are supposed to get. 

image imageimageimage

• Options
    imageCLLDLL:

It's called the Shettles Method.  If I recall right, if the assumption that sperm with female genes are slower but live longer is really true, then it moves the odds from 50/50 to 52/48.  That's it.  You're gonna get what you are supposed to get. 

My sister gave me How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby by

Shettles. I read it but didn't follow it. She claims it worked for

her. I think the odds are supposed to be a little higher than

52/48, but who really knows.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options

/smirk. 

The priorities of (some) fertile people.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Look into the Shettles method.  We did not purposefully "use" this method in conceiving our son or daughter, but in retrospect when looking at my charts, the principles held true for when we conceived our son vs. our daughter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our kids are both IUI babies, so it was all done the same time of the month and the same way and we got one of each. 
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Options
    If you try at a specific time during ovulation you can get the gender you would prefer. .It's a fact. The only reason I know this is because this is how you breed cows, I'm a dairy farmer.
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    imagemrsdaggett:
    If you a specific time during ovulation you can get the gender you would prefer. It's a fact. The only reason I know this is because this is how you breed cows, I'm a dairy farmer.

Yes because cows and people are totally the same. Lmao.
  • Options

imageMrsNorry:
    imagemrsdaggett:
    If you a specific time during ovulation you can get the gender you would prefer. It's a fact. The only reason I know this is because this is how you breed cows, I'm a dairy farmer.
    Yes because cows and people are totally the same. Lmao.

lol I knew that didn't come out right. The sperm acts the same in all mammals. 

Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    No you can't pick unless you use scientific methods like embryo selection. Otherwise ingender would not exist. That cow thing is interesting but clearly not 100% true.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    We have a girl and would like to also have a boy. We wouldn't go so far as doing anything medical, but I chart (well I did before I was pregnant and will resume once I have a period) and we would try to time things to increase the likelihood of that. I don't see an issue with wanting children of varying genders. Of course, if our 2nd is also a girl, I would still be delighted, babies are great!
  • Options

imagecandaceleigh21:
    Wow maybe its just my cold medicine talking but this post makes me twitchy. IMHO you get what you are meant to get. But to each his own I guess.

i wouldn't be so hard on OP. A lot of us would like the experience of raising a son and a daughter but would obviously adore our babies regardless of the sex. It's not like she said she's going to toss the next boy she has in a dumpster somewhere.  

Personally, I would love a daughter -- I want DH to have a daddy's girl. But we don't intend to "try" for a girl, nor would I love another boy any less.  I'm not convinced those methods work, anyway, but whatever makes you feel proactive!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    We usd specific timing and I was on a high alkaline diet for a few months and sure enough... Boy.   We take it with a grain of salt though. 
    image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
  • Options
    imageelfchique:

/smirk. 

The priorities of (some) fertile people.  

I thought the same thing!

TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagescerulla:

imagecandaceleigh21:

i wouldn't be so hard on OP. A lot of us would like the experience of raising a son and a daughter but would obviously adore our babies regardless of the sex. It's not like she said she's going to toss the next boy she has in a dumpster somewhere.  

Personally, I would love a daughter -- I want DH to have a daddy's girl. But we don't intend to "try" for a girl, nor would I love another boy any less.  I'm not convinced those methods work, anyway, but whatever makes you feel proactive!

Yeah, I really don't understand the criticism. Why is it wrong to hope for a child of a certain gender? How is that much different than desiring a child who has your hair color or your nose? You aren't going to love the child any less if they don't get those traits.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"