Two Under 2
Options

Back pain/cramping?

Hello -

this is my second pregnancy and I am just about 20 weeks. My LO is 15 months old and I feel as if I am never sitting down for more then a second, as I am sure many of you feel as well. However, with DS#1 I never had any cramping and my pregnancy was really simple. Yet, this one seems different. I have been cramping just about every day for easily the last month it seems. And then too add to the cramping I have been having back pain in my lower left side, although not as often as the cramping. I have no other signs there is anything wrong such as a bladder or kidney infection, I think it might just be a difference in pregnancies but was curious if anyone else experienced anything like this with their seconds..? I will be seeing my dr on the 8th.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Back pain/cramping?

• Options
    I would call your OB's office, just to be safe. Sometimes a UTI presents itself differently during pregnancy.

Also, make sure you're staying hydrated. Dehydration can cause cramping.

You might also set up a safe place where LO can play freely and you can sit and put your feet up for a while.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

As far as back pain, I had it in the exact same spot and did nothing about it. The pain then traveled across my entire back and the ob sent me to an orthopedist, who basically said they couldn't do much for me while I was pregnant. He did recommend I take a wet dish towel, put it in a plastic baggy, microwave for 3 minutes and then wrp it in another towel. This helped a lot . He said I  could do this and then ice it...alternating ever 20 minutes. The ice isn't seem to help me.

it also helped tht I began picking up my son less. If he wanted to be picked up or no reason, I sat own on the floor. Him. He wasnt always happy about this, but I was arriving him so much. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"