February 2013 Moms
Options

Feel like my throat is closing up

Starting about two weeks ago I periodically feel like my throat is constricting and sometimes at night I wake up and feel like I'm having trouble breathing because of my throat.  I assumed it was a result of baby pushing on my diaphragm, but mentioned it to my husband today he thought phsiologicalky that made no sense.  

Anyone else having this?  Guesses on what could be causing it?  I've had wicked bad acid reflux since August, but I'm on Nexium now and it's really calmed down. 

Re: Feel like my throat is closing up

• Options
    It kind of sounds like my asthma.  My throat will just feel really tight, especially at night, and it can be unnerving.  Mine is adult-onset and cold air induced.  I'd check in with both your OB and your physician on that one.

• Options

imagejkuhmann:
    It kind of sounds like my asthma.  My throat will just feel really tight, especially at night, and it can be unnerving.  Mine is adult-onset and cold air induced.  I'd check in with both your OB and your physician on that one.

I've also been having severe asthma issues this pregnancy.  I even had a round of steroids because one attack got so bad and lasted for too long.  Allergies have been terrible here too this year - could cause swelling or drainage down your throat?  I'd see your doctor for breathing issues right away.  If you aren't getting proper oxygen, neither is baby. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

this is how BH's feel to me...at least how they start.  first in my throat, then in the belly.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, asthma had not even occurred to me.  I have an appointment Thursday and will ask about it.  Happy new year!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"