Parenting
Options

Fever wwyd

DS has had a fever since yesterday afternoon. It has been around 101, got to 102.3 last night, but will go down with tylenol. The only other symptom is a runny nose and being a little more tired and snuggly. He is eating and drinking fine and having wet diapers. Would you wait it out or call the pedi?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fever wwyd

• Options
    I would wait it out another day or two.  Our Pedi always says 3 days before bringing the kids in to be seen, especially if they're eating/drinking OK.  Hope he feels better soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I would wait as long as he continues drinking. 102 isn't that high for a munchkin. If he doesn't act right or the Tylenol stops working I would consider calling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. I was thinking wait it out too, but dh wanted to call the dr. I'm going to give it another night and see. Thanks again.

• Options
    i would probably call but only because that tends to be a sign of ear infection in DD. 
  • Options
    I'd wait it out a couple of days unless things get worse.
  • Options
    imagepiglet6609:
    i would probably call but only because that tends to be a sign of ear infection in DD.nbsp;

The only times ds has had ear infections he hasn't had a fever. I thought this might be teething, but now I don't think so.

• Options

I wouldn't. Most likely they aren't going to do anything except tell you to give tylenol/motrin.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    imageKlondikeBar:

I wouldn't. Most likely they aren't going to do anything except tell you to give tylenol/motrin.

This. Our pedi has a 3-4 day rule if its under 104* (for Buddy) and a 3 day rule if its under 103 (for Tiny)  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSpitsNGiggles:
    imagepiglet6609:
    i would probably call but only because that tends to be a sign of ear infection in DD.nbsp;
    The only times ds has had ear infections he hasn't had a fever. I thought this might be teething, but now I don't think so.

then i would definitely wait it out.

DD pretty much never got an ear infection without a fever LOL 

• Options
    Thanks all. Bath and bed an hour early, hopefully he'll be better in the morning.

• Options
    imagepiglet6609:

imageSpitsNGiggles:
    imagepiglet6609:

then i would definitely wait it out.

DD pretty much never got an ear infection without a fever LOL 

Exactly my thoughts.  We also got the "3 days of 103" before bringing in but a fever that high is a tell tale sign of an ear infection for us personally.  But generally I'd say wait it out. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I would wait it out - Especially if Tylenol/Advil can bring it down and he's still in good spirits. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"