June 2012 Moms
Options

Any crawlers yet?

DS is trying very hard to crawl. However, he gets frustrated and then just rolls to wherever he wants to go. He is on all 4s and lifts his butt up (like a spider)...Any day now, and he will soon be crawling all over the place.

Anyone else? 

Re: Any crawlers yet?

• Options
    DS has been 'Army crawling' for almost a month now. I guess it's fitting considering DH and I both served in the Army; he for 4 years and I for 12. DS pops up on his hands and knees like it's nothing and rocks pretty steady, but there hasn't been fullon hands/knees forward motion yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

He gets up on all fours. He bounced this morning and it was the first time Ive seen him do that.

Not yet. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is crawling all over. He's even mastered crawling on the hardwood. He was up on hands and knees and rocking for about 2 weeks, then he figured out a sort of worm kind of manoeuvre to move forward. Then Christmas Eve he figured out cross crawling. He's fast now!

He's also started getting himself to sitting from belly in the last few days and started pulling up to standing today. I am not ready for this! Be careful what you wish for!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekhill86:
    DS is crawling all over. He's even mastered crawling on the hardwood. He was up on hands and knees and rocking for about 2 weeks, then he figured out a sort of worm kind of manoeuvre to move forward. Then Christmas Eve he figured out cross crawling. He's fast now! He's also started getting himself to sitting from belly in the last few days and started pulling up to standing today. I am not ready for this! Be careful what you wish for!
    Wow!!! Your little one is way advanced...!
  • Options
    imagekhill86:
    DS is crawling all over. He's even mastered crawling on the hardwood. He was up on hands and knees and rocking for about 2 weeks, then he figured out a sort of worm kind of manoeuvre to move forward. Then Christmas Eve he figured out cross crawling. He's fast now!

He's also started getting himself to sitting from belly in the last few days and started pulling up to standing today. I am not ready for this! Be careful what you wish for![/quote
    It's hard to imagine that our non mobile babies for the past 6 months will soon be all over the place! It's great to see them learn something new then kind of master it like they've been doing it for a long time.
  • Options
    imagedrbethc:
    imagekhill86:

He's also started getting himself to sitting from belly in the last few days and started pulling up to standing today. I am not ready for this! Be careful what you wish for!

Physically he has been a little ahead, but I see him drop lots of other things for weeks to concentrate on his physical advancement! He babbled dadada for a few days and stopped for weeks now! His sleep also went to pot since he started getting up on his knees and has only gotten marginally better in the last couple days, as he's become a confident crawler. So it's really amazing that he's so advanced physically but honestly, I wish he was going at a steadier pace with everything instead of speeding his way to walking!
  • Options
    imagekhill86:
    imagedrbethc:
    imagekhill86:
    DS is crawling all over. He's even mastered crawling on the hardwood. He was up on hands and knees and rocking for about 2 weeks, then he figured out a sort of worm kind of manoeuvre to move forward. Then Christmas Eve he figured out cross crawling. He's fast now! He's also started getting himself to sitting from belly in the last few days and started pulling up to standing today. I am not ready for this! Be careful what you wish for!
    Physically he has been a little ahead, but I see him drop lots of other things for weeks to concentrate on his physical advancement! He babbled dadada for a few days and stopped for weeks now! His sleep also went to pot since he started getting up on his knees and has only gotten marginally better in the last couple days, as he's become a confident crawler. So it's really amazing that he's so advanced physically but honestly, I wish he was going at a steadier pace with everything instead of speeding his way to walking!
    hahaha! :)
  • Options
    imagedrbethc:
    DS is trying very hard to crawl. However, he gets frustrated and then just rolls to wherever he wants to go. He is on all 4s and lifts his butt up like a spider...Any day now, and he will soon be crawling all over the place.Anyone else?nbsp;

Same here . DD tries to move one leg up but then can't and gets very frustrated

• Options
    Yep crawling but only backwards . . . keeps getting stuck 1/2 way under the furniture.  For forward crawling he just rocks back and forth on all fours and grunts at whatever is in front of him that he wants so badly . . . .  then crawls backwards under the couch!
  • Options
    imagehenrytviii:
    Yep crawling but only backwards . . . keeps getting stuck 1/2 way under the furniture.  For forward crawling he just rocks back and forth on all fours and grunts at whatever is in front of him that he wants so badly . . . .  then crawls backwards under the couch!
    hahaha! you need to get it recorded! funny!
  • Options
    DS was born on June 1st so he's always a bit a head. He does the classic hand knee hand knee crawl. If I go to the kitchen he follows me. If I go to the bathroom he follows me. He pulled himself to stand the first time on Dec 17th. I got it on video and have tried multiple times to post it. The cat was on the foot stool and he stood up to get her but when he tried to grab her he fell over. His face was like "KITTY!" The cat never moved like she knew he had no chance. Now, he doesn't like to be in the Exersaucer he stands up and plays with everything from the outside.
  • Options
    imagehenrytviii:
    Yep crawling but only backwards . . . keeps getting stuck 1/2 way under the furniture.nbsp; For forward crawling he just rocks back and forth on all fours and grunts at whatever is in front of him that he wants so badly . . . .nbsp; then crawls backwards under the couch!

That's adorable.
  • Options
    Wow! My DS was born on June 2nd and not nearly as physically advanced as your DS! Meant to quote Dawn...
  • Options
    Not really.  She will get her legs tucked under her but then gets frustrated.  I'm not in any hurry.
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Not yet. She goes from sitting to tummy, but she hasn't quite figure out the arms yet. She tries to tuck her legs and then rolls.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagedrbethc:
    Wow! My DS was born on June 2nd and not nearly as physically advanced as your DS!

Meant to quote Dawn...

We were at the Pedi on Thursday. Although, I read each night before bed the Pedi said we need more reading and down time. DS only "talks" when he's really excited or ornery. We are going to get some plastic flash cards too if I can find some. The Pedi said he never suggests screen time before a year old but that if I get some learning DVDs and sit with DS to focus our minds and not our bodies on something for 20 min a day in addition to the reading and flash cards he wouldn't be opposed to it. Today we spent quite a bit of time with stacking cups. I hope his cognitive mile stones catch up to his physical ones.
  • Options
    My LO started crawling a week and a half before she turned 6mo and is trying hard to walk.....she will if you hold her hands and walks with the babydoll stroller that she got for Christmas.
  • Options

My little one is almost "pro" at crawling ...and is super fast at it : ) 

But , still cant sit on his own : ( ...Only with support ..

Blabs a few tatatata / bababba/dadada when he feels happy :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageDawnLilly:
    imagedrbethc:
    Wow! My DS was born on June 2nd and not nearly as physically advanced as your DS!

Meant to quote Dawn...

We were at the Pedi on Thursday. Although, I read each night before bed the Pedi said we need more reading and down time. DS only "talks" when he's really excited or ornery. We are going to get some plastic flash cards too if I can find some. The Pedi said he never suggests screen time before a year old but that if I get some learning DVDs and sit with DS to focus our minds and not our bodies on something for 20 min a day in addition to the reading and flash cards he wouldn't be opposed to it. Today we spent quite a bit of time with stacking cups. I hope his cognitive mile stones catch up to his physical ones.

DS and I are in the same situation. He's amazing physically, crawling, gettting himself to sitting, and pulling up, but he only "talks" when he's tired or mad. And he only did dadada for a couple days and "forgot" about it to focus on crawling instead. And he only did it in the middle of the night when he was frustrated and stuck in the corner of his crib!

I read to him all the time, but even then he's grabbing the books, hitting them, or crawling on the book when he can! I'm trying to work on the social and language stuff, but I think he'll get there once he's satisfied with his mobility haha!
  • Options
    Crawling would require DS to start on his belly, which he flatly refuses to do, and not for lack of trying on my part. I suspect he will go straight to walking.
  • Options
    DD pulls to standing and has gotten the leg motion down when holding fingers.  She can roll both ways now but still can't get herself into a sitting position alone.  This past week we had her on our kitchen floor on her tummy and she started sliding backwards.  She went from one end of the room to the other.  The next day she got up on all fours once or twice, but no rocking yet.  Her new thing is spinning 360 degrees on her tummy.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    imagedrbethc:
    DS is trying very hard to crawl. However, he gets frustrated and then just rolls to wherever he wants to go. He is on all 4s and lifts his butt up like a spider...Any day now, and he will soon be crawling all over the place.Anyone else?nbsp;

DS crawled last night! I have his Therapist to thank though! DS has had a very stiff neck causing him to slouch to the left so he's been seeing a physical therapist for a few weeks. She saw he preferred to roll and told me that when he tries to do that stop him and position him on all fours. I usually sit right next to him and if he starts to fall to the side I straighten him out. Last night he took his first REAL move foward.....not army style....I was so proud I started clapping! LoL

DS can also stand as long as he's holding onto something.
  • Options

DD is starting to get up on all fours.  She still mostly creeps forward with her face on the carpet--poor thing has rug burn on her cheeks and chin.

OP, don't worry.  Every baby is different.  DS waited until 10 months to crawl, 17 months to walk.  He is a little more cautious than most boys, but still within the normal range.  My 8 month old nephew is not yet crawling.  I think DD will crawl in the next few weeks.  I am actually not looking forward to it.  She is going to get into all sorts of trouble when she's mobile :)

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

related to above post...

Jack's 9mo friend isnt fully crawling yet. His 8mo old friend has been crawling since 7 mo.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"