August 2012 Moms

Bedtime routine

We seem to have a pretty good bedtime routine in place.  Bath every other night, pj's & sleepsack, bottle, and then rock with a bedtime story.  I put him down drowsy but awake and he *almost* always falls asleep without fussing.  But is this considered "putting baby to bed/sleep with a bottle"?  I don't want to start a bad habit, but I also don't want to change a good thing that we have going on.  Is it dumb to even worry about this?

What do your bedtime routines look like?  How soon are you putting them down to sleep after their last feeding?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Bedtime routine

• I've "worried" about the same thing.  We do bath, jammies, nurse-this takes about 45 minutes more or less.  I put DD down almost immediately after nursing and a burp.  She often falls asleep nursing, but is usually "roused" when I burp her.  I agree with you, this is a good thing, so I don't mind nursing her practically to sleep.
  • Don't change what is working! We put our first to sleep with a bottle for quite some time. Eventually he grew out of it. It wasn't a big deal.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCLeigh03:
    Don't change what is working! We put our first to sleep with a bottle for quite some time. Eventually he grew out of it. It wasn't a big deal.

All of this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it works, I wouldn't worry about it. We do bath [every second night], lotion/massage, pajamas, song, and nurse. He's very drowsy after nursing, so I can usually put him down and snuggle a bit and he's asleep within minutes.

It works for us, so I don't plan on changing it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't stop something that works.

• imageJulieMarie21:
    I've "worried" about the same thing.  We do bath, jammies, nurse-this takes about 45 minutes more or less.  I put DD down almost immediately after nursing and a burp.  She often falls asleep nursing, but is usually "roused" when I burp her.  I agree with you, this is a good thing, so I don't mind nursing her practically to sleep.

this exactly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have no bedtime routine for my poor child. Sometimes he falls asleep eating, sometimes he just passes out when we are watching TV. I say whatever works. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"