Baby Showers
Options

For all of the people wanting things done far in advance:

Remember, there will come a point where all you have left to do is stare at an empty nursery and wait.  Your baby does not need a perfectly complete nursery as soon as they come home from the hospital.  A place to sleep is pretty much the only (home) requirement. 

Trust me, when you're completely set up a month and a half out from your due date and all you have left to do is wait...the time drags on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. 

Then again, this is coming from a source to whom NEVER had a nursery completely finished and yet has a thriving 2 year old, so :shrugs:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

Re: For all of the people wanting things done far in advance:

• Options

Yes

Also keep in mind that it doesn't take a month, or even a week, to go to Babies R Us and exchange the stuff that you don't want. It takes about an hour.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I can agree that it is awkward to live in a house full of baby stuff, with no baby.  My husband put together the crib before he deployed when I was about 19 weeks pregnant, so I spent months with an empty crib in my bedroom.  Not ideal.  If you don't have a compelling reason to get stuff done crazy early, I recommend waiting much longer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a co worker that had the nursery all done, all the clothes washed and she was 10 days late. She stopped working on her due date and spent the next 10 days doing things like organizing clothes by size, then by season, then by primary color of the item within the season and even alphabetized the brands, and she still sat around and waited for the baby to be born.

I think the PP have great advice.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I agree! We had most things done by the time I was about three weeks out, but we didn't use anything in the nursery until about 2 weeks ago when we finally moved her in at about 3 1/2 months. And, all the organization I had done I redid because now I know what I needed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    imagecaladpi02:

I have a co worker that had the nursery all done, all the clothes washed and she was 10 days late. She stopped working on her due date and spent the next 10 days doing things like organizing clothes by size, then by season, then by primary color of the item within the season and even alphabetized the brands, and she still sat around and waited for the baby to be born.

I think the PP have great advice.

LOL.  This sounds like something my girlfriend would have done.  She even has her pantry organized and alphabetized!  Course she only has one kid so has a bit more time then I do with 3 (although I'd never take the time to do that anyway). 

I just think some new mom's are just so excited and caught up in the pregnancy they think it will take them a long time to get things prepared.  Surprised their mothers don't set them straight.  I worked full-time up until the day my first one was born and managed to have everything ready.  Plus, it was always ready for the 2nd and 3rd as well and that was with 1-2 toddlers hanging on my pregnant body.  lol

• Options
    I am 31 weeks and have had my nursery done for weeks! I am a planner/type A and love to get everything done. I had a lot more energy during the 2nd trimester so I am glad I got most of it knocked out. It?s okay that the nursery is ?empty?. It is so cute sitting there and it?s exciting to wait for baby to arrive. :)
  • Options
    Also, diapers.com has free next day delivery, you can order something at 11pm and it will be on your doorstep by noon the next day.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

imageLiz4444:
    Also, diapers.com has free next day delivery, you can order something at 11pm and it will be on your doorstep by noon the next day.

Diaper.com and I are tight.

Great advice from the PPs. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If I had a nursery done with weeks (or months) in advance - I would be so thankful! 

I work FT and would love to just visit friends, sleep in, and enjoy my last weeks/months before baby arrives.

As it stands, I am nearly 10 weeks and haven't done a freaking thing. I am so sick. I haven't even cleaned out the room that will be the nursery. It is full of all sorts of crap. First we have to clean out our basement/rec room, then clean up and move some of the stuff down there... I just hope someday I feel well enough to do *anything*.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options

imageLiz4444:

Yes

• Options
    Mine is almost complete, except for my glider that should be here next week. I am glad it's mostly done. I gave tons of work to do at work before maternity leave and my weekends are full of that now. Just one less thing to worry about getting done.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I am also one of those planners, but I work well under pressure, so leaving things to do when I need them works fine for me too. 

I also knew he needed nothing except the car seat, bassinnet, dipes,  and a few changes of clothes in those early weeks.  And the hospital gave us a lot of stuff too. 

• Options
    I am a Type A freak, and at 23 weeks or something like that we have done nothing. Not a thing. And we have plenty of time.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MandJS...congratulations on the new baby!  I had been looking for updates from you.  She's beautiful!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think waiting until the last minute is a personal preference...not everyone likes feeling rushed. I understand being superstitious but I can't imagine bring baby home waiting to get adjusted and still not having the crib or having to make runs to the store...but then again i'm one of those ppl who always over plan just in case

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    imageMsAmeera25:
    I think waiting until the last minute is a personal preference...not everyone likes feeling rushed. I understand beingnbsp;superstitiousnbsp;but I can't imagine bring baby home waiting to get adjusted and still not having the crib or having to make runs to the store...but then again i'm one of those ppl who always over plan just in case

There is very little a newborn needs... Food, diapers, pajamas and a place to sleep. That's it. Seriously.

You don't even need wipes, they give newborns a rash.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"