Nurseries and Baby Gear

XP from 2nd Tri: Question about BBB / BRU

Reposted from 2nd Tri. Realized this question might be more appropriate posted here. 

I wasn't planning on registering, but since it has been a decade since our last child (and because this child is a different gender), I caved and agreed to let friends throw a shower. The actual shower won't happen for a couple of months, but I figured I'd start doing research on a registry.We will definitely register on Amazon, but are thinking of also adding a brick & mortar store like BBB or BRU or Target. For those of you who are registered at one of those places, did you register online or did you do your registry in person in store? Is there an advantage to one over the other? At this point, my inclination is to just handle everything online.

Thanks in advance for feedback.  

Re: XP from 2nd Tri: Question about BBB / BRU

• I loved shopping and registering at BBB.  It's well-stocked, clean, features a better selection and higher end items than BRU and generally staffed by more competent employees.  Their coupon policies are much more generous than BRU, but they don't have sales.  I did a combination of store visits and online registering to complete my list as many smaller items in the store are not available online.  Plus you get a little gift bag with samples and coupons when you do your registry at the store and it's fun to see all the things in person.

BBB has a great selection of car seats and strollers, including high-end brands that you can try out in your car to check for fit. 

Amazon was more useful for my own shopping needs as it was a pain to manage the registry with wildly fluctuating prices and changes in availability. Most people still prefer to buy from brick and mortar stores anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"