April 2013 Moms
Options

I know I should wait for my shower, but...

I cant help myself! Yesterday I bought a breast pump, milk storage bottles, today I bought a co sleeper bassinet...not to mention in the last week I bought a monogrammed blanket, diapers, wipes, thermometer, and some clothes (think I have her coming home outfit picked!). I know I still have lots of time, but theres no harm in being pro active right?! :)
BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I know I should wait for my shower, but...

• Options
    I think it's smarter to do a little at a time. One huge shopping trip after a shower is overwhelming and exhausting! Have fun, these months will fly by!
  • Options
    I wouldn't buy anything you registered for OR told people you needed.  But I need to plan things out and hate feeling like i'm leaving something til the last minute.  So this time around, i've been buying all of the "stuff" that I want/need.  I'm going to buy the newborn size stuff and whatever I want him in for the hospital photos.  So I've told everyong that I need clothes ... 3,6,9 month only.  People usually have the most fun buying clothes anyway.  And with DS1 we found that we preferred different brands of diapers at different stages, so gift cards would make me happier than a house full of diapers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I keep getting told to wait until after my baby showers.. but baby shopping is too fun! So I've been shopping too. :) No big deal. I've bought some of the big stuff I didn't think anyone would get us.. our baby monitor, bedding, travel system, I did get our PNP for Christmas from my parents. And I can't help but buy some outfits. Baby clothes are too cute!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did you check to see if your insurance company covers breast pumps? With the changes in federal policies insurance companies are required to pay for them (although there are a few loopholes). Just checking! I just found out mine is covered 100% and want to share the love! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MH is the main one wanting to go on shopping sprees.  We know we should wait but we've been buying the larger items & have a Babies R Us shopping date tomorrow. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I know what you mean. Someone posted a while ago about the Medela breast pump being like $200 and I almost, almost bought it, but then I realized I didn't want to waste the warranty for 5 months. I am buying a ton of clothes, and I have the bedding and the crib, but the larger stuff I am waiting for because of warranties and my completion coupon.
  • Options

imagenyki06:
    Did you check to see if your insurance company covers breast pumps? With the changes in federal policies insurance companies are required to pay for them (although there are a few loopholes). Just checking! I just found out mine is covered 100% and want to share the love! 

Stupid question, but when did this change happen? I know it doesn't go into effect until tomorrow, but I contacted my insurance in Oct/Nov and they said they would only cover a manual pump. I guess it doesn't hurt to call and find out if it has changed. 

• Options

imagesed8611:
    I know what you mean. Someone posted a while ago about the Medela breast pump being like $200 and I almost, almost bought it, but then I realized I didn't want to waste the warranty for 5 months. I am buying a ton of clothes, and I have the bedding and the crib, but the larger stuff I am waiting for because of warranties and my completion coupon.

I bought the Ameda pump yesterday on amazon, on sale for $129!! https://www.amazon.com/Ameda-Purely-Yours-Breast-Pump/dp/B004E9SW7G

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I've been picking things up a ltitle at a time (one item per paycheck, really), and then deleting them from my registry.  Just some clothes and then I bought our pack n'play because the very specific one I wanted was on mega-sale at target.com and I work there so I could stack my discounts with the sale price and got a great deal - wasn't sure how long the sale would last and didn't want to miss the price.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I've been buying stuff little at a time too!!  its fun Big Smile

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I think you're safe with the breast pump because it's unlikely anyone will buy it for you. It's expensive and for whatever reason an item people feel uncomfortable purchasing.

But for bigger items like the co-sleeper I would try and hold off until after your shower. I know from personal experience of buying off someone's registry I'll want to buy a nice "bigger" gift and everything is already purchased.

Try and be patient, I know it's sooo exciting though!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We have so many hand-me-downs and have purchased so much that if she were due today I wouldn't stress. (Still need my rocker but that's okay.) It's hard not buying stuff when I see it on a killer sale. There are somethings like monogrammed things you probably won't get from people that are okay to buy though. People don't seem to buy monogrammed stuff because they may not know how sure you are about the name, or maybe the sex even.

We bought our co-sleeper because we need to build a step for it, our bed is too tall for it as is.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagesed8611:

imagenyki06:

Stupid question, but when did this change happen? I know it doesn't go into effect until tomorrow, but I contacted my insurance in Oct/Nov and they said they would only cover a manual pump. I guess it doesn't hurt to call and find out if it has changed. 

My insurance will only cover a manual pump as well.  They are meeting the law by covering that, but I was really hoping it would cover an electric one! 

imageBabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagesed8611:

imagenyki06:

You need to call your insurance company and specifically ask about your policy.  Some start covering Jan 1, but I called mine last week and they do not start covering until April 1.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"