July 2012 Moms
Options

My first ever IL vent

So I'm pretty lucky to be blessed with ILs that I get along with great. However, when you're spending weeks with with them it's inevitable that something is gonna happen. We've spent the past 4 days at DH's Grandparents' house in the middle of nowhere AL with no internet. Let me say, they are very sweet, country people but this visit made me realize I have to watch his Nana like a hawk, especially with DS. The first night we were there she was holding DS while we were eating dinner and I hear her say "now isn't that good!" I look over and she is feeding DS a little piece of chicken. I could've died. DS had only tried avacado and rice cereal so far and we had discussed that maybe 10 minutes before this. Fast forward to the next night. She again insists on holding him so we can eat. I nicely remind her to please not feed him anything. She doesn't. Instead, she gives him something to play with.... a butter knife, which he picks up and tries to put in his mouth. I jumped out of my seat so fast and took it away from him. I then told her I'll hold him for the rest of dinner and every meal after that. Then the icing on the cake... Yesterday morning DS woke up early and was fussy so we just kept him in the bedroom til after his 1st nap. After that, We come out say good morning and his video monitor is on. Evidently nosy Nana heard crying and wanted to see what was going on without coming in the room. All I can say is I am so glad we are gone from there. I managed to keep my happy face on the whole time, but one more incident and I may have lost it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"