July 2013 Moms
Options

Massages

Ok so i want to go for a foot and leg massage but my boyfriend is freaking me out by saying i cant get the back of my legs rubbed it induces labor. I am only ten weeks. Anyone hear of this?

Re: Massages

• Options
    There are certain pressure points that are known to induce labor, but any professional massage therapist can provide you with an appropriate massage for pregnancy (and this early in the game it's really not an issue). I went for a couple massages during my last pregnancy and it was so awesome. Plan to do the same this time around!
  • Options
    There is a pressure point - I think near your ankle - that can induce labor. When you schedule the appointment ask for someone licensed in prenatal massage & you'll be fine :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had two massages already and have another one scheduled for tomorrow. As others have mentioned, go to someone who is educated in prenatal massage. It helps my back pain more than anything. Enjoy : )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    Ditto to letting them know you are pregnant and ask for someone trained in prenatal massages. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think most places will not do a massage until second trimester. Make sure to tell them you are pregnant.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'd just tell them you're pregnant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • Options
    Oh, a massage sounds heavenly! The place I go to for massages will not do them until we've cleared the first trimester AND have heard the heartbeat. Just make sure they know you're pregnant! Enjoy!
  • Options
    My OB said prenatal massage is fine. I'm a member at Massage Envy and get monthly massages and my lady specializes in prenatal massage. She did say there's something special about the legs but it was something about blood clots.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"