October 2011 Moms

Help me find a bridesmaids dress!?

So I'm in my brother's wedding in Septemer as a bridesmaid. I just got an email this weekend with all the info and I am supposed to order a dress in the next 2 weeks!! Her colors are charcoal and marigold -- we will be wearing gray dresses with yellow flowers. She has chosen 3 designers/colors and we are each supposed to pick our own style dress, but they are all supposed to be long and chiffon. The designers are Bari Jay in shadow or charcoal, Jordan in Pewter, or Forever Yours in charcoal. Does anyone know anything about these designers? Are some more pricey than others? Also I suck at picking out dresses. I am a bigger girl size 16-18 right now, and I'm short around 5'2" or 5'3" and I am pear shaped. Any general advice on what would look good or specific dresses would rock! Thanks ladies!

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Help me find a bridesmaids dress!?

• If you can, I would definitely follow wishful's advice and try to find a store near you to try on sizes -- it's ridiculous how much they vary!

I was in a couple weddings and had a similar body shape to you and both wedding I wore Bari Jay dresses. You'll want to look for something that has more of an empire waist line (just below the bust). V-neck's also look really good on us bigger girls.

I was looking through Bari Jay's website and here a couple that I think I would pick in your situation: 555, 411, 412, 429, 310, 324, 332, 914, 643

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekujayhawkgirl:

If you can, I would definitely follow wishful's advice and try to find a store near you to try on sizes -- it's ridiculous how much they vary!

I was in a couple weddings and had a similar body shape to you and both wedding I wore Bari Jay dresses. You'll want to look for something that has more of an empire waist line (just below the bust). V-neck's also look really good on us bigger girls.

I was looking through Bari Jay's website and here a couple that I think I would pick in your situation: 555, 411, 412, 429, 310, 324, 332, 914, 643

KUJay, you rock. Thanks!

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"