August 2013 Moms
Options

do you own 2 fridges/freezers?

DH and I are debating purchasing a freezer chest for our basement. Our fridge now is the side kind, so the freezer is tiny. Originally I was thinking of getting the freezer chest for freezing meals and planning ahead...but my SIL said she used hers for breast milk. Now I really want one! haha. Just curious what your "system" is. 
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: do you own 2 fridges/freezers?

• Options
    We have the fridge in the kitchen which has the freezer on the bottom. Our old fridge is in the basement and DH has his beer fridge. He's a home brewer. When I was pumping I had my milk in the beer fridge freezer because we rarely opened it so it stayed nice and frozen. I'd like a deep freezer but we just don't need one now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, we have a cube freezer because we also have the side by side. It's nice to have the extra room. I would recommend it for the extra space. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our regular fridge has a top freezer, which is pretty small and always crammed full of stuff. The bar in the basement has a mini fridge with a small freezer, but it's tiny. And we have a cube freezer in the garage, but we mostly use that fit dog food; my H makes our dogs food, so we freeze it once he makes a big batch. And then also the run over from our kitchen freezer.

I think I want a bigger deep freeze for the garage, ESP for pumping.
    image"">imageimageimage

• Options

Yes.  DH is a big hunter, so we could not survive without the extra space of 2 freezers.  We got 2 side by sides and a stand alone freezer that a friend gave us, so plenty of room for everything now!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    We have 2 fridges, one in the kitchen for our regular stuff. It's has the double door fridge on top, and the pull out freezer on bottom. Then we have a regular one that holds pop/beer/etc in the basement. We do have a small cube freezer chest that we use to hold our meat, but are considering buying a bigger one. Just not sure yet.
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this yesterday. I started meal planning about a year and a half ago, and therefore our fridge, but more importantly, our freezer, is full. Last time, I had to EP, and I produced a lot which meant our freezer was about half full of milk. I don't have the room for that now so we'll either need a separate freezer or buy a whole new fridge and put the one we have now outside in the garage. I hate the thing anyway, so that'd be my vote :)

• Options
    I use a grocery delivery service (large meat delivery once every 6 months... super convenient) so I have a rather large upright freezer in the laundry room. It has a quick freeze section which I used once in a while when I was pumping. I definitely wouldn't suggest buy a whole separate freezer just for pumping purposes though. If you plan on using it for meals and such, by all means... go for it. The less time I can spend at the grocery store, the better. All I buy now on a weekly basis is milk, cheese, and bread (unless I get motivated and make my own bread). I get eggs, veggies, and fruit through a local CSA. It is pretty darn nice having it all appear at your house. Plus, I am paranoid about what is in the foods from the grocery store. I tend to stress less when I buy local produce and meats.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have a side by side fridge/freezer too, but like it better than top/bottom because there are more shelves. I wish I had space for a 2nd freezer, but as it is, I just keep everything *reallly* organized. I freeze chili and liquid things in freezer bags laying flat so I can stack them. I buy meat in bulk and freeze it flat also. Casseroles stack pretty nicely too. I make lunches out of leftovers and freeze them in old cream cheese tubs. I can really fit alot, but every few weeks I have to take everything out and re-stack it all- and I have to have a list of what I have in there of I will forget b/c I can't see everything. Like I said, I really wish I had room for a 2nd freezer. 

imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We have a regular freezer on top fridge, space was to small for anything else. And we have a stand freezer in our garage, so plenty of storage for meals and breast milk. :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

OaD August siggy challenge- fav show that's off the air:

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZzQxOlqIUfHfG/giphy.gif
  • Options
    We have a bottom freezer fridge in the kitchen. We have a freezer in the basement that we use for meat and anything else that won't fit in the kitchen freezer.

We bought the freezer when I was BFing DD. I had a huge oversupply and needed it for BM.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • Options
    When we got a new fridge for our kitchen we moved the old one to the garage.  The old one is a side by side so the freezer is small and the new one is one with the french doors and the two freezer drawers on the bottom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have an extra freezer we keep in the garage. We tend to buy TONS of frozen foods, so it's nice to have the extra space.

I EBF my son for a year, but never froze breast milk because he never took a bottle. Lucky me! haha.

• Options
    We have a regular fridge in our kitchen with the freezer on top and a big stand-up freezer in our garage.  It is great for being able to stock up on frozen stuff at great prices and have everything last.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have two side by sides.  When we bought our new place, we were going to sell our townhouse with the Fridge, but the buyer already had one, so it's really too nice of a fridge to have in our garage, but that is where it landed.  I LOVE having two and don't know how we ever went without.  It is great pulling in to the garage after Costco or other large grocery shopping trips and unloading stuff directly into the garage fridge!
  • Options
    We also have a side by side so we ended up getting a chest freezer before DS was born and I'm so glad we did. It was perfect for freezing meals and breastmilk. You can find them in all sizes and they make them energy efficient.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a side by side in our kitchen and a deep freezer in the basement, which is FULL of frozen BM and baby food love it!  We got it when DS was about 2 months old and my pumped BM was taking up half of our regular freezer.  Best. Buy. Ever!

• Options
    A fridge and Freezer upstairs and a fridge and freezer downstairs. 
    Lauren-Married to Andy since June 11th 2006
      Parents to:Oliver-6,Jillian Ivy-4, Ari Samuel-2 and
    Our Triplets are here! Noah ,Charlotte  and Lindsay  
    born July 7th 2013 at 33 weeks!
    Noah was diagnosed with Down Syndrome at Birth.
    Jillian was diagnosed with Diabetes in June 2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a chest freezer in our garage. We don't use it much now, but I plan to fill it with freezer meals before delivery and breast milk after. Bm is good for a longer amount of time in there since its not opened as much.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"