2nd Trimester
Options

Buy Buy Baby vs. Babies'R'Us

I just found out there's a Buy Buy Baby close to us, and having never shopped there, what are your general opinions on that versus Babies'R'Us? Are they comparable price-wise and selection-wise? My husband and I, unbeknownst to him, are going to start a registry here pretty soon and any info I can get before heading into either of these places would help.

Re: Buy Buy Baby vs. Babies'R'Us

• Options
    I went to my first Buy Buy Baby the other day and really liked it, although it was too far to go there on a regular basis. It is owned by Bed, Bath,and Beyond and set up exactly like one.  I found they had a pretty large selection, but didn't carry the newer models of the items I was looking for (video monitor, double stroller). Prices seemed comparable to BRU, if not a little lower. You can use BBB coupons there too (as long as they aren't expired).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like Buy Buy Baby better as they seem to have a larger selection and I feel their prices are comparable to Babys R Us. You can also use coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond at BBB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our BBB carries some "high-end" items that BRU doesn't carry either at all or in-store.  I like their stroller selection a lot better because they have more to "test drive" but if you're looking for a basic travel system, I have found BRU is better for that. 

BBB looks a lot like a Bed, Bath & Beyond (same company) where it's floor to ceiling products but I wouldn't say it's anything amazing in comparison to BRU for general products. 

You could register at both and just ask for different items at each location.  Both places often have 20% coupons and you can use the BedBath&Beyond coupons at BBB as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You guys keep saying Bed Bath and Beyond, and I glaze over and have to fight off the urge to come down with a sudden 'cold', cut out of work early, and go move into BuyBuy Baby. I will definitely check it out, thanks!
  • Options

imageBliss+Berry:
    I don't know if it's just poor management where I live but the BRU's are horrible places to shop.  The stores are frequently a mess, are poorly stocked and the sales staff is unhelpful at best (if you are even able to find one).  When BBB opened up it was like heaven.  I can't say enough good things.  I went there to buy a stroller for a friend that she had registered for.  It was showing up in their computer as in stock but it wasn't on their shelves or in the back.  The sales guy literally spent 45 minutes digging around their stockroom to find me the stroller and did.  I love that store and if I never step foot in BRU again it will be too soon.  If you have the choice, definitely choose Buy Buy Baby!

I agree. The BRU here doesn't feel clean and it takes forever to find someone to help. When DH and I were looking at strollers for DD, the person in the stroller department at BBB was more than helpful and explained different options to us and helped us pick something that would work best for our lifestyle. The people at the registry station are awesome, too.

• Options
    I personally prefer Buy Buy Baby. I feel like they have a better selection, their staff seems to be more knowledgeable, and not only do they offer their own coupons, but Bed Bath and Beyond's as well! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have a Buy Buy Baby down the street and I prefer shopping there. Honestly, I don't go to BRU that much, but I would just dread going there for some reason.
  • Options

imageMrsJ723:
    I went to my first Buy Buy Baby the other day and really liked it, although it was too far to go there on a regular basis. It is owned by Bed, Bath,and Beyond and set up exactly like one.  I found they had a pretty large selection, but didn't carry the newer models of the items I was looking for (video monitor, double stroller). Prices seemed comparable to BRU, if not a little lower. You can use BBB coupons there too (as long as they aren't expired).

Bed, Bath, & Beyond will take expired coupons - but Buy Buy Baby won't?

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    I've never been to a BBB, but everyone I've heard from seems to love it more than BRU. *shrug*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options

imageBliss+Berry:
    I don't know if it's just poor management where I live but the BRU's are horrible places to shop.  The stores are frequently a mess, are poorly stocked and the sales staff is unhelpful at best (if you are even able to find one).  When BBB opened up it was like heaven.  I can't say enough good things.  I went there to buy a stroller for a friend that she had registered for.  It was showing up in their computer as in stock but it wasn't on their shelves or in the back.  The sales guy literally spent 45 minutes digging around their stockroom to find me the stroller and did.  I love that store and if I never step foot in BRU again it will be too soon.  If you have the choice, definitely choose Buy Buy Baby!

I haven't been to BRU in a couple years (since my SIL's first), but I would agree with this assessment. The store just seems so messy. Like a warehouse more than store. Lots of boxes out on the shopping floor (no stock room, really?). I just didn't care for the vibe... I may stop by just to see if it's improved at all but, in general, I was not impressed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The BRU near me is not great, but it is not terrible. There is not a great selection of stuff and I feel like what is online is not what is in the store, which is a total PIA to me. The BBB near me is about 45 minutes away, which is way too far to go, IMO. A friend of mine that lives closer to it says it is terrible and the BRU near it is better.

BBB seems to have a better selection based on my online perusing. I went with BRU because BBB is too far away to be an option. Honestly, where I am, Giggle and specialty stores are better bets. There are two Giggles within 15 minutes of me and about 15 specialty stores.

Most of my friends have registered at BRU and Giggle. Amazon is losing attractiveness because we are getting charged sales tax in CA now (which is going up starting 1/1/13) so unless something is marked down more than 30%, buying in store is the same price when shipping/handling and tax are figured in.

I would go to both and see which one has more of the stuff you want and a more helpful staff.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    LOVE Buy Buy Baby! I recently registered there and they were very accommodating.
  • Options

We don't have BBB in my state but have ordered online.  So not much of an opinion there.  

I hate BRU.  The stores (in my area) are full of idiots who don't know what they are doing.  Horrible customer service.   

• Options
    imagemimi4347:

imageMrsJ723:

I don't know about Buy Buy Baby, but yes, Bed Bath & Beyond takes expired coupons. 

• Options
    imagemimi4347:

imageMrsJ723:

My experience is that they take expired Buy Buy Baby coupons, just not expired Bed, Bath and Beyond ones.  HTH! 

• Options

imageBliss+Berry:

This is exactly how I feel. We have a BRU 15 minutes away and another one 40 minutes away and both are just as you describe. The TRU in the same towns could also be described that way. We have a BBB right in the middle and I like them much better. I'll never step foot in a BRU again if I can help it!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"