February 2013 Moms
Options

The Man Cold has hit my house...NBR

Ugh, every single time he is sick, it's the end of the world. Serenity now!!!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

Re: The Man Cold has hit my house...NBR

• Options
    DH is also sick here. We had an unexpected trip to L&D a few days back (first bad day of his cold) and I could have killed him. Nurses are trying to figure out dosage on drugs to stop my early labor and vomiting and he interrupts to ask for day-quill! I know he feels terrible but he seriously couldn't even wait until I was squared away and the danger of premie LO was at bay! Talk about peeved. We sure did have one long convo about it all when we got home 8 hours later. I hate when men get sick.
  • Options
    Yup, DH just got over the stomach bug. I slept in the guest room, which I've now realized needs a new mattress. Hope he keeps it to himself!
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got a cold a couple of weeks ago and husband caught it a few days later.  While I was sick, I still went to work, went to his work's holiday party, made sure the dog got walked, and basically continued life as normal, even though I felt like garbage.  When he caught it, he didn't get out of bed for two days took every medication he could get his hands on (lucky bum), and begged me to do everything for him (get him a glass of water, send me out for food he didn't eat, etc).  All while I was still recovering from it.  I compensated by making fun of him relentlessly to my family over Christmas.  :-)

• Options

imageLittlemsD:
    DH is also sick here. We had an unexpected trip to L&D a few days back (first bad day of his cold) and I could have killed him. Nurses are trying to figure out dosage on drugs to stop my early labor and vomiting and he interrupts to ask for day-quill! I know he feels terrible but he seriously couldn't even wait until I was squared away and the danger of premie LO was at bay! Talk about peeved. We sure did have one long convo about it all when we got home 8 hours later. I hate when men get sick.

Gah! Men!

My DH and DD both have colds, too. My "fav" story was the first time after DD was born that I decided to pump and sleep in the guest room while leaving DH on newborn duty so that I could get some sleep. We both had a cold and went for the Nyquil and I stopped him. I told him that while he was solely responsible for a teeny newborn I didn't want him taking drugs that might knock him out. He looked at me in shock, "But I have a COLD!" I nearly slapped him while yelling, "I HAVEN'T TAKEN COLD MEDS IN A YEAR AND I'M RECOVERING FROM CHILDBIRTH! DEAL WITH IT!!!!

• Options
    imagejkuhmann:

When he caught it, he didn't get out of bed for two days took every medication he could get his hands on (lucky bum),

This is my main problem.  Every time he gets any kind of cold, it's like he has the plague or something and he has to be in bed for days on end.  Don't get me wrong, I love the man and he is an awesome dad and husband.  But it's like clockwork everytime he gets a sniffle and it makes me crazy!  Gah. 

• Options
    imageIncogNeato:

My DH and DD both have colds, too. My "fav" story was the first time after DD was born that I decided to pump and sleep in the guest room while leaving DH on newborn duty so that I could get some sleep. We both had a cold and went for the Nyquil and I stopped him. I told him that while he was solely responsible for a teeny newborn I didn't want him taking drugs that might knock him out. He looked at me in shock, "But I have a COLD!" I nearly slapped him while yelling, "I HAVEN'T TAKEN COLD MEDS IN A YEAR AND I'M RECOVERING FROM CHILDBIRTH! DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Haha, good for you!  Not being able to take cold meds is seriously one of my major beefs with pregnancy becuase I always seem to end up with one...!

• Options
    imageericalee27:
    Ugh, every single time he is sick, it's the end of the world. Serenity now!!!

Hahah why are men such babies?! I had the stomach bug on Christmas but sucked it up and went to my SO familys house for presents and dinner. I was miserable but didn't say a word. My SO got it the next day and you would think it was the end of the world! Um trying puking with two babies laying on your stomach and then complain.
    Now I have a terrible cold and I'm praying he doesn't get it too so I don't have to listen to the complaints lol
  • Options
    imageverovladamir:

OMG! This sounds like DH. When I was in the middle of my 3rd hour of pushing DH had to stop holding my legs because he needed to sit down because he had a migraine... I almost lost it. I thought my doctor was going to kill him too.

OMG, I would have lost it on him!!

• Options
    imageverovladamir:

imageLittlemsD:

OMG! This sounds like DH. When I was in the middle of my 3rd hour of pushing DH had to stop holding my legs because he needed to sit down because he had a migraine... I almost lost it. I thought my doctor was going to kill him too.

DH has a history of stress related headaches, something like a migraine (and he has some pretty potent stuff to take care of it). I can totally see him doing this unfortunately. I love my DH, I really do, but I have a hard time being calm thinking he's going to "drug" himself during my labor! Keeping my fingers crossed that colds, the flu, headaches, and any other ailment stays away!!!

• Options
    I'm the one sick here! He won't even let me near him, telling me he was going to get some hospital masks for me to wear. He doesn't want me to have to take care of a 200 lb baby while I'm sick, but doesn't offer to make me feel better. I even had to make my own homemade turkey soup!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"