3rd Trimester
Options

UPDATE: I really should be sleeping

UPDATE:  After a super long appointment and several tests my Dr decided that the best plan would be for me to go on bedrest for a week and see if that brings my BP down.  It also gives LO time to come out on her own.  If not we'll be inducing. 

I'm comfortable with this decision.  I still hope induction isn't needed, but my Dr assured me that we are on the same page and he'll only reccomend intervention if it's the healthiest option.

Thank you all so much for the replies!

It's 4:30 am EST.  I have an appointment at 9:45 and if my BP is still high I'm going to be induced.  I should be resting just in case I need the energy, but I can't. 

I'm so afraid. :-(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: UPDATE: I really should be sleeping

• Options
    Can you do some breathing?  If you have iTunes there are some nice relaxation apps that always put me into a calm state. I even got a pregnancy one.  I really like Andrew Johnson's apps.  He has a deep lilting Scottish accent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thanks for your reply.  I'm calming down.

My OB told me Friday that it's just a possibility.  I've been really good about not worrying and finding the silver lining.

It's just more difficult now since it's happening today.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just breathe deeply and don't worry about it.  If they induce that means that today or tomorrow you'll get to meet your LO.  How cool is that?  That's a huge silver lining in my opinion.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks, Kimmlet.  That's what I keep telling myself.

I was hoping to naturally jump start labor this weekend because I really don't want to be induced.  But more than that I want LO and I to be healthy.  I guess I'm just scarred because I feel like I'm not in control of the birthing anymore (not like I ever really was, but I at least felt like I was).

I'm really hoping that I don't have to be induced, but either way I'll be a happy momma.

Congrats on Oliver!  BEST Christmas gift ever.

• Options

Me too! Actually, I got up about 4:45am CST- my induction due to high BP is scheduled to begin at 6pm tonight. What a way to ring in the new year! I'm not really freaking out about it, just more *thinking* about it. Trying to stay positive and think lots of calm, relaxing thoughts for her to come out very smoothly. I get it though...

Good luck to you :)

BFP 9/27/11, EDD 6/3/12, Missed MC 9w3d BFP 1/1/12 EDD 9/7/12 Natural MC 6w3d BFP 5/8/12, EDD 1/15/13 IT'S A GIRL :)Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's past your appointment now but hopefully it went well and you'll give us an update!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"