Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

No.

We missed the terrible twos. Our son was a joy. Quiet in church, went to bed without a struggle, the whole bit.

For the most part, he is still a sweetie. Lot of pleases and thank yous and he loves his veggies. Except for one thing. He says no. A lot. 

"Put your hat back on". "No."

"Go give great grandma a kiss." "No"

"Go to the potty." "No! We have diapers for that!" (I had to excuse myself to laugh at that one). 

Today we went to the late Mass in the gym and he would not stop asking in full voice if he could go play basketball. When I shushed him, he kept putting his hand over my mouth and telling me "stop whispering!" 

I know that all the "no"s are a part of his regular development and he does eventually do what we ask, albeit with some pouting and arm folding. He has yet to throw a full out, on the ground tantrum but I want to make sure that ignoring all the no's won't lead to some bratty behavior later on.

What do you all think?

Re: No.

• Options
    We have been having a round of "No" at our house as well. I chalk part of it up to the new baby, but it's really getting old. When we ask her to do something and she tells us no, we give one warning and the next time she refuses or tells us no she has been sitting in time out. She only does it here at home, so I guess that is fortunate in some ways, but I really wish she would listen to us like she does her grandparents and teachers. :-(
    imageimage
  • Options

this made me smile. not at you but with you. ;)

my girl is barely 3 and i started seeing a big difference a month ago or so. i finally had to start intilling time outs as discussed in 123 Magic (book). she's settled down a lot but there are still defiant moments and loud voices. :)

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesuperaunt:

this made me smile. not at you but with you. ;)

my girl is barely 3 and i started seeing a big difference a month ago or so. i finally had to start intilling time outs as discussed in 123 Magic (book). she's settled down a lot but there are still defiant moments and loud voices. :)

We've also been implementing some of the 123 Magic principles, as her teachers use it at school and swear by it!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"