August 2012 Moms
Options

AB4

I remember you said you tried Sergio on oatmeal and it made him super gassy and constipated. How bad was it? Howell is crying in pain and then having these terrible farts. I think it ruined our night last night and tonight unless he poops.

We tried it per Howell's doc's instructions because he spits up so much they thought a little at night might help. Well, the last few nights he's been sooooo gassy, like having old man farts that smell so bad. I thought the cat pooped in my room until I realized it was my kid.

Was it this bad for you? He also had the rotavirus vaccine so I could see it being related to that too. But I'm thinking we can skip cereal and wait until six months like I wanted. Thanks!
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: AB4

• Options

We tried rice cereal in his bottle (for his reflux, per his pediatrician, when he was 9 weeks old) first. He went from pooping almost every diaper change to not pooping for 5 days. His stomach was hard, he was really fussy, and farting constantly, so I called the pediatrician, who told me it was normal for EBF babies to not poop for 7-9 days. Well, not my baby, so I gave him a suppository. He pooped instantly and was happy as a clam. So, the pediatrician told us to give him oatmeal since usually that doesn't constipate...well, guess what? Same symptoms, only with the oatmeal he went 9 days without pooping, super gassy, fussier than normal, stomach was hard, and when I gave him a suppository he had FIVE blow outs. It was ridiculous. He's never had any issues with gas and rotavirus vaccine and let me tell you...my kid is gassy. Super gassy.

We skipped cereal. We just went straight to fruits and veggies and he's fine. I would skip the cereal if you feel like it's only causing him problems. If you don't want to give him a suppository, you can dilute some pear or prune juice and give it to him or just stimulate his rectum with a rectal thermometer for literally under a minute and it'll come pouring out. If you give him a suppository, buy the children's kind and cut it in half, if you use the pill kind (which takes a little longer to work). The best one to use is Pedialax for Kids It's a bulb pre-filled with liquid (kind of like an enema) and you just stitck the end in their butt and squeeze only HALF of the liquid in and he'll be pooping up a storm.

GL! 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    imageanbeck4:
    We tried rice cereal in his bottle for his reflux, per his pediatrician, when he was 9 weeks old first. He went from pooping almost every diaper change to not pooping for 5 days. His stomach was hard, he was really fussy, and farting constantly, so I called the pediatrician, who told me it was normal for EBF babies to not poop for 79 days. Well, not my baby, so I gave him a suppository. He pooped instantly and was happy as a clam. So, the pediatrician told us to give him oatmeal since usually that doesn't constipate...well, guess what? Same symptoms, only with the oatmeal he went 9 days without pooping, super gassy, fussier than normal, stomach was hard, and when I gave him a suppository he had FIVE blow outs. It was ridiculous. He's never had any issues with gas and rotavirus vaccine and let me tell you...my kid is gassy. Super gassy.We skipped cereal. We just went straight to fruits and veggies and he's fine. I would skip the cereal if you feel like it's only causing him problems. If you don't want to give him a suppository, you can dilute some pear or prune juice and give it to him or just stimulate his rectum with a rectal thermometer for literally under a minute and it'll come pouring out. If you give him a suppository, buy the children's kind and cut it in half, if you use the pill kind which takes a little longer to work. The best one to use is Pedialax for Kids It's a bulb prefilled with liquid kind of like an enema and you just stitck the end in their butt and squeeze only HALF of the liquid in and he'll be pooping up a storm.GL!nbsp;

This sounds like my kid right now! I am getting so irritated because no one wants to believe it's the cereal. He's usually not possessed.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"