February 2012 Moms
Options

Wedding Invites

So clearly I am posting this here because you have been married and I respect your opinions and the Knot board is no where near as helpful. So the Man and I have picked colours (Ps- I simply call him the Man because that is the term he wants me to use on public forums. I do not hold him to a higher place. Moving on!) We have picked a lilac purple and kelly green with dark purple accents. I am looking for the perfect invites but I do not want anything expensive. What did you ladies do for your invites? Did you print your own? Do you have a recommendation? Were they simple or not? Ideas? Thanks for sharing!

Re: Wedding Invites

• Options
    I actually made my own wedding invites and they looked amazing! (So my guests said so at least)  They were little folders the had 3 cards inside the pocket cascading down.  And the invite was in the center.  It was tied together with a bow and I used a wax seal with my now last name B on each envelope.  They were super easy.  I bought them at Target online, they had so many!  I used an idea from a website I liked and actually borrowed their clip art too!   Haha, their invites were $4 a piece, and I made 150 invites for I think like $90. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I made my own as well ... with a DIY kit from Michael's and some of my own creativity.  They have such beautiful kits now!  And then you can add your own personal touch by adding ribbon, ink, glitter, rhinestones, etc in your wedding colours.  I love being crafty!!
    Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think we got ours from Exclusively Weddings but I can't remember if that's right or not.  They turned out nice and were not too expensive.

https://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/

My sister used Zazzle for hers.

https://www.zazzle.com/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I also bought mine at Michael's (with 20% off coupons!) they were the Brides' Magazine ones and tri-fold. Our colors were Sage green, Espresso & Cream. I used an Espresso & Cream Invite, then I made a "Belly Band" myself with square hole punches, green & cream cardstock & espresso ribbon. I liked them. I also made our table numbers and seating chart, etc. and because I did the invites myself, I was able to match the font style and colors, which I liked.

My friends were like "you'll use so much ink it'll end up being just as expensive"- no way! It really barely used any ink- maybe half the cartridge- if that- for every single thing- invites, reply cards, maps, table numbers, etc. I thought they came out really good and single people told me "I want you to make my invites when I get married!" 

ETA pics:

• Options
    I made ours too...I went to a paper/printing place in town and they were able to print and cut the paper for me and all I did was assembly them with ribbon. Easy and cheap. 

• Options
    image88eve88:
    I made my own as well ... with a DIY kit from Michael's and some of my own creativity. nbsp;They have such beautiful kits now! nbsp;And then you can add your own personal touch by adding ribbon, ink, glitter, rhinestones, etc in your wedding colours. nbsp;I love being crafty!!

This!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagepinkshades05:
    image88eve88:
    I made my own as well ... with a DIY kit from Michael's and some of my own creativity. nbsp;They have such beautiful kits now! nbsp;And then you can add your own personal touch by adding ribbon, ink, glitter, rhinestones, etc in your wedding colours. nbsp;I love being crafty!!

Same here. But I'm not super crafty, just thrifty. Or rather, wanted to save $ on invites & programs so we could spend it on a photo booth!
    This!
  • Options
    I got a kit from Office Max. It was on sale plus my friend was a manager there so she bought them for me and got her discount (I obviously gave her the $ for them) The only problem I had making them, was that the program that I used on the computer didn't align right so it took me like 5 or 8 invites to get it just right...those invites that were kind of messed up went to my siblings LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We ordered ours at Party City.  They werent too pricey, and turned out very nice.
  • Options
    You can also try Ann's Bridal Bargains. They have nice invitations for cheap. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"