November 2011 Moms
Options

Tubes didn't work

DS had tubes in September. He has had five ear infections since. He has never slept through the night probably due to ear pain. Nothing is working. We have tried the chiropractor and the next step is to have his adenoids removed. Anyone else going through this. I'm so stressed and frustrated I am losing hope.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tubes didn't work

• Options
    Unfortunately, we are. DS got tubes on November 8th and is currently on ear infection number 2. I'm at a loss. We have crappy insurance who won't pay for tubes or adenoid removal until June 2013. We paid for the first set oop, and I'm pretty much prepared to blow through our savings paying for adenoids and subsequent tubes until then.

Im so sorry y'all are going through this too. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hang in there!!
  • Options

Aww, man I'm so sorry your LO's surgery didn't work.  Poor little guy :(  You said the chiro didn't work, but would you be open to cranial sacral therapy?  I take my DD for a health condition she has (not related to ear infections) but I really like it.  It might be worth a try before going through another surgery.  If you're interested, I can PM you the therapist I see (she's just south of DT Minneapolis) and I think she's awesome.  

FWIW, I had tubes put in, and my adenoids and tonsils taken out when I was 5 years old, and  I'm just fine! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAnnie0919:
    Unfortunately, we are. DS got tubes on November 8th and is currently on ear infection number 2. I'm at a loss. We have crappy insurance who won't pay for tubes or adenoid removal until June 2013. We paid for the first set oop, and I'm pretty much prepared to blow through our savings paying for adenoids and subsequent tubes until then. Im so sorry y'all are going through this too. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hang in there!!

That sucks! I'm so sorry you are going through this too. Last night was toture. Like you said I wouldn't wish this on anyone. 

• Options
    imageJenny952:

Aww, man I'm so sorry your LO's surgery didn't work.  Poor little guy :(  You said the chiro didn't work, but would you be open to cranial sacral therapy?  I take my DD for a health condition she has (not related to ear infections) but I really like it.  It might be worth a try before going through another surgery.  If you're interested, I can PM you the therapist I see (she's just south of DT Minneapolis) and I think she's awesome.  

FWIW, I had tubes put in, and my adenoids and tonsils taken out when I was 5 years old, and  I'm just fine! :)

Thanks, yes please send me a PM. What exactly is cranial sacral therapy? 

• Options
    I had chronic ear infections as a kid and it turns out they were caused by a combination of a cleft in my uvula and allergies.  It might be worth looking into seeing an allergist if things keep going in the same pattern.  I hope things get figured out so your LO starts feeling better.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options

imageLittleMommaBlueHen:
    I had chronic ear infections as a kid and it turns out they were caused by a combination of a cleft in my uvula and allergies.  It might be worth looking into seeing an allergist if things keep going in the same pattern.  I hope things get figured out so your LO starts feeling better.

Thanks for pointing out the allergies. I actually have severe allergies so it possible he could too. 

• Options
    We just had my LO's 2nd set put in, Her 1st set went in in Aug, She had an ear infection every 2 weeks, and just got these in last Thurs, along with an allergy test. We're hoping for the best, but I'm still worried. I hope it works this time!!
  • Options

imageLittleMommaBlueHen:

I second the trip to the allergist!

OP, after my DS's 7th ear infection I took him. He was negative for everything they tested him for. But I urge you to make sure the allergist tests for everything even though your LO has already been exposed to things without an "allergic reaction".  The body may be reacting by building up this infection in the ears/sinuses. The allergist we saw felt that since LO was exposed to things like dairy, eggs, and nuts, that there was no "need" to test him for those things since he never showed any signs of being allergic in the way of hives or skin rash. However, I would have still liked to have him tested for those things just incase he came up slightly allergic.

Now we're facing tubes for DS (I started the post below this one about tubes). What does your ENT say to all of this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had this problem when I was this age, and as a last resort before surgery they tried an elimination diet. As soon as I stopped dairy, I had no more problems. I think it's worth a try, especially if you have allergies too. Do you have any pets? An allergist can be really helpful, so I also recommend seeing one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"