June 2011 Moms

NYE

Any exciting plans for NYE?  Has the way you celebrate changed since having kids?  

DH always works NYE, usually home by 8pm but I never know for sure.  While we were dating I started the tradition of making fondue on NYE.  Tomorrow DD and I are going to have dinner with friends (DH will join us if he happens to get off work early) and then when DH gets home I will make cheese fondue, steak, and chocolate fondue for dessert.  We have always been NYE homebodies so having DD didn't change that much.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NYE

• We're lame. We stay at home and watch the ball drop if we manage to stay up that late. We've never done anything big for New Year's.
    DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Having a child is not what changed the way I/we celebrate...age and DH now being on third shift has changed the way we celebrate.  If I see midnight it will be because i am up doing laundry or reading.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I doubt we will see midnight either, unless DH works really late and is getting home around that time.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• For the past 3 years we have invited our good friends (a couple) and their kids and dogs to our house to have dinner, spend the night, and have a big breakfast in the morning.  We plan on putting the kids to bed early and have time to hang out with just the adults for once!  I'm not sure I'll make it to midnight, though.  I'm tired enough with middle of the night feedings for my 3.5 month old.  Anyway, should be a fun time! 

• We've always gone out and partied hard but not this year.  Staying home and having a couple over for dinner.  It's too hard to be hungover with a 19 month old.  I'm actually looking forward to chilling out and eating crab claws with my son. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH, DS and I are going out for dinner and then watching movies at home.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• For the length of mine and DH's relationship we have never gone out on New Years. But tonight we have a sitter and the two of us our going to our city's first night celebration.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We usually get together with all of my family meaning, aunts & uncles, cousins, & parents. This year my sister is hosting, but I don't think we will be going because I'm sick & both the boys are sick. We went to the ER Friday night because Gavin was really hoarse & having a hard time breathing. He has croup & his brother has an upper respratory infection & ear infection.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"