Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Enfagrow vs WCM

Anyone planning on giving Enfagrow instead of WCM? I got some checks in the mail for it. Never really thought about it/knew it existed. Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Enfagrow vs WCM

• Options

It exists because formula companies are always looking for ways to extend their market. 

Unless your baby is on the very small side or simply cannot tolerate solids yet I don't see the purpose of extended formula feeding. 

Real food provides the nutrients the toddler needs. WCM provides calcium.  They shouldn't even have more than 24oz a day of WCM (especially if the diet they are provided with is lacking).

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Are you asking about extended FF after they turn one or before?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got those checks in the mail too along with a free sample.  I was reading the label/directions and you can start giving that stuff at 9 months it says.  I think it is meant as a stepping stone between formula and WCM not as a replacement for WCM after they turn one.  

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

• Options

imagejstrat53:
    I got those checks in the mail too along with a free sample.  I was reading the label/directions and you can start giving that stuff at 9 months it says.  I think it is meant as a stepping stone between formula and WCM not as a replacement for WCM after they turn one.  

This. Use the Enfagrow like formula from 9-12 months. Its cheaper, and probably doesn't have as much fat that a NB needs compared to an almost one yo. I'd also like to think that they tailor the Enfagrow to the nutrients a 9 m/o would need rather than a younger baby on Enfamil, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"