April 2013 Moms
Options

Pain in vaginal area

Mobile: pain in vaginal area

I've been having some weird pain in my vaginal area. I've been hesitant to mention this to anyone but MH, I even skipped telling my midwife at my last appt. because I didn't know how to describe my pain.I looked up the female anatomy so I could pinpoint where I was feeling the pain and from a diagram is seems to be in my anterior labial commissure.

Has anyone had this weird pain like you got kicked in the crotch?

It seems to worsen as the day progresses and if I'm really active. I got on dr. google today and ready some other things. Apparently a lot of pg women around week 25 or so start feeling the same thing. Some have chalked it up to varicose veins and others just the vaginal area getting ready for childbirth. 

What do you all think?  

ETA: It's not lightning crotch either. Been there, done that. : )  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pain in vaginal area

• Options

There was a post in the last day or so on this exact pain (titled crotch pain or something like that!) and yes, I am having the exact same thing.  I think mine might be my pubic bones separating (possibly a bit too far - I think it is called SPD) in prep for childbirth.  I've read up on SPD in my books and that seems to be what I am experiencing.  I have an appointment on the 7th, so I'm going to bring it up then. 

The pain started feeling like a bruised vagina (as from a kick), and then bothered me when I walked too much or used my inner thigh muscles.  I comes and goes for me, but can be really awful at times!

From my reading, I don't think there is much the doctor can do about it, though.  Sad

ETA: Here it is: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/70856996.aspx

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    I went back and found that post. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through it. Although it sucks we (who feel it) have to suffer from it. : ( I do feel really waddly when I walk now because of it.) The SPD sounds a little severe to me... but it's possible because sometimes I can feel/hear my hip (or something) grinding/popping when I walk. : / 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had some pain in that area but it goes away after a while. :( Sorry your hurting
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary image image
  • Options

I have been feeling the same kind of pain, like a stabbing/throbbing sensation.  Mine might last for five minutes, or so, and then go away.  I haven't had it last for any amount of time.  I didn't ask about it or look anything up, I just assumed it was normal (I have seen the 3rd tri ladies talking about lightning crotch, and assued it was that!)

Add this to the list of things they don't tell you about having babies!

• Options

yup and it sucks.

I did an intense workout on Friday and was sore for two days! Then I went for a nice long walk with H and I seriously felt like someone kicked me in the vag.

I've chalked it up to extra blood flow down there... but it's definitely unpleasant.

• Options
    I have this all the time! Like someone gave me a swift kick to the va-jay-jay.  It is definitely worse the more active I am and pretty much only feels better when I am lying in bed at night.  I think it has to do with how swollen I am down there, when I asked the Dr. about it, he said that's its totally normal and then proceeded to tell me I also had developed a vericose vein down there...only on the right side.  Now that is hot!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    oh yeah..  i've had it   hhuuurrrttsss!!   sorry your feeling it too  :(
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Started to get this at 23 weeks. Doesnt get better only dwindles and returns with vengance... called round ligament pain!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"