April 2012 Moms
Options

2 Piece Pajamas

Moron Alert

When LO is wearing two piece pajamas (AKA big boy pjs), should he have a onesie underneath? Should he have socks on? Right now, we've been doing footed fleece pajamas with a onesie underneath. Some nights have been "warmer" than others lately, and I'd like to use some of the two piece sets we have. I'm just curious what others are doing/plan on doing.

Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: 2 Piece Pajamas

• Options
    Yup I do a onesie and socks. It's been too chilly here and I feel better keeping him.warmer.
  • Options
    I would for sure do socks. Right now, we only have footed pjs, and I just put those on, then his halo sleep sack, and then a blanket. I think that's keeping him warm enough. I hadn't thought about a onesie under the footed pjs. Under a 2pc, it makes sense to me since the shirt could come up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The few times we've done them, he had a onesie and socks. It just looked like over-kill, but I'm glad to know others would do the same.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    S only wears big boy PJs and he wears a onesie and socks with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We only have footie pjs, but I guess I would have a onesie on. They either wear fuzzy pjs with a blanket or thin pjs with a sleep sack, but there room is warm.
  • Options
    I think it depends on your house and your baby.  I would put the onsie on and slipper socks and two blankets and then still stew all night about if the baby is warm enough.  We have a drafty, cold house and I am always freezing.  Some babies don't like being too warm though, so if your house is a cozy 76+ then I wouldnt fret too much.  If micah wakes up with frozen toesies, then definitely layer up!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I do a onesie even under the footed pj's but then again he doesn't get a blanket.  But judging from others our house is on the warmer side.  But if his pj's aren't footed he definitely gets socks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Onesie under footed pjs and big girl 2 piece pjs. Sleep sack over both, and no socks if she's in the sack. We normally don't do a blanket. If we do, it's a lightweight crocheted one.
  • Options
    I have never put a onesie or socks on with 2 piece PJs. But I am in FL and the only times she has worn them is when it's been on the warmer side. She has a small blanket. She tends to sweat when she sleeps and her room is one of the warmest in the house.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I have never heard of this. I feel like I am missing something by not having her in a onesie and then the pj's now. I feel like she gets TOO warm though at times. Our apt gets pretty warm so who knows.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I put DD in two piece pjs, and just started putting socks on her.  She is a warm natured baby..  I also put a thin blanket on her at night. 

• Options
    No onesie but I do put socks on her.  It's not very cold in the house here though.
  • Options
    I would a onesie whenever he wears 2 piece PJ's that way I know he is covered at all times. He always has socks on too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"