April 2013 Moms
Options

"I have a **rooster** in my panties!!!"

... is the statement that my 2.5 year old just screamed to me. Except she didn't use the word rooster, but another 4 letter word that means rooster (the Bump edited out the real word).  I have no idea where she would have gotten that statement or word but I fell in the floor laughing at her.  I did have to go ahead and inform her that she does not have a *** in her panties but she actually has a vagina.  I don't know how I'm going to do this with two!!  OMG!!!!

P.S. I wonder if she got that from daycare.  Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "I have a **rooster** in my panties!!!"

• Options
    Yikes!! :-/
  • Options
    Whoops!

// I love you too. //

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Eek!! These are the conversations I'm SO looking forward to... 

Good luck!! And goodness would I love to know where she got that from - that's pretty bad, despite how funny it must have been when she said it. Where would she hear that? I'd be a little bothered.

• Options
    Lol J has said some random things like this. I laugh, tell him it is not nice, and move on. The bigger deal you make, the bigger deal it is and more they want to do it.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

imageWorkinWeezel:
    Lol J has said some random things like this. I laugh, tell him it is not nice, and move on. The bigger deal you make, the bigger deal it is and more they want to do it.

This.  DD1 is 5 and accidentally spouts stuff like this off from time to time, not realizing what she's actually saying.  We just make it a little "whoops!" moment and she learns not to say it again.  Not a big deal, and she doesn't feel the need to repeat it or have to feel embarrassed either. 

// I love you too. //

• Options

That's hilarious!  I remember going to church camp (seriously, church camp) when I was 7 or 8 and announcing that I hurt my balls on the tire swing.  At least you were there to correct her, instead of having all the meanie boys at camp laughing at her.

* TTC since 2010; Me-36, DH-40
    * Diagnosis of PCOS in 2011 (suspected since teens)
    * Miscarraige September 2011; XY with Trisomy 15
    *November 2011 - January 2012 - 3 cycles of Femora - BFN x 3
    * 2/12 and 4/12 Tamoxifen - no response
    Planned to start Follistim for COH August '12 but...
    Surprise!! BFP! And it's a girl!!

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
    baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
  • Options
    Kids really do say/do the darnedest things. I remember when my nephew found his penis & wouldn't stop playing with himself..........dead

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageFrecklesInside:

Eek!! These are the conversations I'm SO looking forward to... 

Good luck!! And goodness would I love to know where she got that from - that's pretty bad, despite how funny it must have been when she said it. Where would she hear that? I'd be a little bothered.

It caught me all the way off guard. I'm almost positive that she got it from daycare. She also learned to pick her nose and say "shake your booty" at daycare. I was slightly off put though, but it didn't stop me from going into the closet and laughing.  

• Options
    imageNativeFloridian:

imageWorkinWeezel:

This.  DD1 is 5 and accidentally spouts stuff like this off from time to time, not realizing what she's actually saying.  We just make it a little "whoops!" moment and she learns not to say it again.  Not a big deal, and she doesn't feel the need to repeat it or have to feel embarrassed either. 

That's what I tried to do. Thankfully I have a lot of training in this area because my students say the most random things.  

• Options
    O my goodness! that is hilarious but I don't think I would have handled it as well as you. I think I would have had to pick my jaw off the floor. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Oy !! Kids say the darnedest things ? HaHa
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 6/28/12 EDD 03/07/13 MC 4w5d 07/03/12 new baby
    BabyName Ticker
    BFP 07/30/12 EDD 04/09/13
  • Options

maybe i'm of a different mindset, but (i think) that particular word is unusual for a child to learn. i could see her saying penis or "richard" but i don't even think I have ever said the word that came out of her mouth.

my mouth would have fallen to the floor at first. and while i wouldn't have made a big deal of it in front of her, you can best believe i would be at the daycare center figuring out who the hell said that word!

image image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageNandaB:
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

no crap people say it. my point is that it is (to me) a VERY intense word that a child of that age shouldn't be hearing/have heard. it's like that other C word; no *** i've heard it, but how old were you when you heard that word? it sure as hell wasn't at 2.5 years

image image image BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"