April 2013 Moms
Options

Maternity Pictures

Just got out snowy maternity pictures done today and I'm so excited to get them back! I'll be sure to post my favorites :D

Anybody else have theirs coming up?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Maternity Pictures

• Options
    We are having ours done February 17th. I'm really looking forward to it. Can't wait to see yours!

• Options
    I don't plan on having Maternity pictures taken, do you feel I will regret this later on?

But to be honest I don't feel pregnant or think I look pregnant I think I just look fat, and I feel HUGE.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I won't be doing mine until March 3rd. Although if I lived somewhere snowy I think I'd rather do them in the snow!
  • Options

imageMaybeMab:
    I don't plan on having Maternity pictures taken, do you feel I will regret this later on?

But to be honest I don't feel pregnant or think I look pregnant I think I just look fat, and I feel HUGE.

I'd wait another 6 weeks or so :) then you should look pregnant! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesed8611:
    I won't be doing mine until March 3rd. Although if I lived somewhere snowy I think I'd rather do them in the snow!

I'm nearly 27 weeks with twins so I'm already about measuring full term. The reason we had them so early is because I didn't want to be swollen and measuring 50 weeks pregnant during the portraits, I just can't imagine that looking all too cute haha. The snow was just an awesome bonus!

As for regretting it, it's definitely personal preference. This is VERY likely going to be H and I's only children and only pregnancy so I wanted something to remember it by that weren't my weekly bump pictures taken by phone in front of my mirror an unmade bed. If you've got a little extra cash to spare I'd say go for it!

• Options

I'm getting mine done Feb 24th! Hoping I'm not too swollen!

Can't wait to see everyone's pics

• Options

imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagesed8611:
    I'm nearly 27 weeks with twins so I'm already about measuring full term. The reason we had them so early is because I didn't want to be swollen and measuring 50 weeks pregnant during the portraits, I just can't imagine that looking all too cute haha. The snow was just an awesome bonus! As for regretting it, it's definitely personal preference. This is VERY likely going to be H and I's only children and only pregnancy so I wanted something to remember it by that weren't my weekly bump pictures taken by phone in front of my mirror an unmade bed. If you've got a little extra cash to spare I'd say go for it!

Yeah, having twins would definitely cause me to do them sooner. I already feel like a whale and I am worried about what I will look like at 32 weeks when we do them.

To the PP that asked, I agree with OP as to whether you will regret it or not. While DH and I do want more children, you never know what may happen. Personally, I wanted to go all out this pregnancy (taking weekly pictures, maternity pictures, 3D/4D ultrasounds, newborn pictures, etc) because I have PCOS and originally was told it may take awhile to get pregnant (thankfully it didn't!!!) but we don't know what the future holds and if we are only supposed to have one child, I don't want to have any regrets.  

• Options

Not yet, probably around 32-34 weeks. I should still have snow then too!

Can't wait to see yours. :)

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options
    I couldn't find a session for less than 450, and frankly couldn't justify spending that much when I only want to frame a few really nice photos. I plan on using that money towards a session for and with the baby. My sister is into photography and I just got a fancy new camera from DH for Christmas, so I decided to have my sister do it instead to save some money! Can't wait. We will be doing it sometime in January. Can't wait to see everybody else's!
  • Options
    imagecolleenh01:
    I couldn't find a session for less than 450, and frankly couldn't justify spending that much when I only want to frame a few really nice photos. I plan on using that money towards a session for and with the baby. My sister is into photography and I just got a fancy new camera from DH for Christmas, so I decided to have my sister do it instead to save some money! Can't wait. We will be doing it sometime in January. Can't wait to see everybody else's!

Thats crazy! We spent $75 on our session of 45 minutes and get a disk with 25 edited images which is more than enough since I usually have a hard time choosing just a few to frame!
  • Options

I don't have a date for mine yet, but I'm thinking February. That's when my anniversary is too, so maybe I can do a couple things for that.

We have a friend from our church who is going to do ours for pretty cheap, so I'm excited about that. She takes a lot of pictures and they always look great!

Also, something DH found before we even got pregnant, was a local photographer in a mall near us. They offer free photos - we got our engagement pix done there because the first sheet was free, and we only needed one and then scanned it to our computer. Of course the trick is that they're hoping you'll buy more. Anyway, they do a promotion for maternity photos that they do for free and my husband loves it so we're going to get it. Here's the stock photo of it. You go in at like 6 or 7 months (or whenever), and then go back after the birth and then they put the pictures together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imagecolleenh01:

YIKES! I wouldn't spend that much on maternity pics either.

Have you thought about Sears? Their prices are very reasonable, and their pictures aren't bad. I mean, they're not super out-of-the-box creative, but they are very decent IMO.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'd rather skip the maternity pics and save up for a session with a photog.

Yikes I hate Sears/Walmart/BRU photos! They're so generic and boring IMO.

Photographers who are starting out are usually trying to build their portfolio and are willing to do it for cheaper. Last pregnancy, I reached out to our wedding photographer who had never done maternity photos, and she was going to give us a deal so she could showcase maternity pics and get more clients. We actually ended up just doing newborn shots instead, but it would have been a good deal.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

imagecolleenh01:

YIKES! I wouldn't spend that much on maternity pics either.

Have you thought about Sears? Their prices are very reasonable, and their pictures aren't bad. I mean, they're not super out-of-the-box creative, but they are very decent IMO.

I actually didn't look into sears, which it certainly can't hurt to do so. I think I'll give it a whirl with my sister and if we don't get what I was hoping for I will look into it further. The Bay Area is just so darn expensive photography wise, at least from what I have found thus far through private companies or independent photographers. I had some nice outdoor photos in mind, so I am hoping we can make it work with my sister and go from there. Can't wait to see everybody's pics!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"