Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Pregnancy test?

So I'm exclusively breast feeding an my LO is 12 weeks but husband and I started having sex again at 2 weeks pp... My question is with hormones being a wreck right now how true do u think a pregnancy test would be? I know they say breast feeding is not 100 of a contraception but just wondering....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy test?

• Options
    A pregnancy test would be accurate. If you don't want to get pregnant, use birth control or condoms
  • Options
    A test would most likely be accurate.
    m/c 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, a test will be accurate as long as you are in the right window.  In other words, if you just ovulated three days ago and did in fact conceive, but the egg hasn't implanted yet, you could get a negative test but still be pregnant. Just like when you aren't BF'ing.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    imageCLLDLL:
    Yes, a test will be accurate as long as you are in the right window.nbsp; In other words, if you just ovulated three days ago and did in fact conceive, but the egg hasn't implanted yet, you could get a negative test but still be pregnant. Just like when you aren't BF'ing.

This exactly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemabenner1:
    A pregnancy test would be accurate. If you don't want to get pregnant, use birth control or condoms

Yup.  There are ways to prevent pregnancy but the tests are accurate.

• Options
    ::headdesk::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

I EBF, am on the mini pill that I set an alarm to take religiously, and H wears a condom. It's easy.

I had some wondfo's lying around and took one a few weeks PP to see if any hormones were still there, and it was negative. So I'd say a test is going to be pretty accurate since you only produce HCG while pregnant, but like PP said you can get a negative if you test too early.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAfunky6:

imageKemare20:
    BFing does give you SOME protection, but I wouldn't rely on it exclusively. A pregnancy test would be accurate because you only produce HCG when you are pregnant. You don't produce it otherwise (some meds might do it... not sure).

One of my friends heard this from her doctor. She didn't use any protection and got pregnant right away. If don't want to get pregnant right away, use a valid form of birth control.

My sil is due in may and her baby will be one year old in January. She was bfing and didn't know she could get pregnant. I'm pretty sure she turned that test positive!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Guess I should have clarified I do know what birth control is and how to use and we do want another right away but thank you to the rest for the straight answers.
  • Options
    Im glad that you love being a mom
    already want another but feel compelled to mention that there are risks for babies born so close together, Im a RN and remember learning about how the mother needs at least a year of recovery for all her nutrients to restore before getting pregnant again. Babies are at a higher risk of suffering abnormalities if mothers are not fully restored. Its actually a much higher risk, I wish you and your family the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"