Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What was your first period like post m/c

Yesterday was one month since my d&c and I think I got my period? No cramps but very light red bleeding. I'm guessing this is my period? What has everyone else experienced?

Re: What was your first period like post m/c

• Options
    Still waiting on mine. It has been about a month since my natural mc, and the last few days I have had a little cramping, and today some spotting. 
  • Options
    I am currently on mine....got it about 5 weeks post.  I had normal cramping a few days before and until now.  My flow was pretty heavy on day 2 but today (day 4) it is almost nonexistent.  I had light periods before so this was a lot like those.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mine five weeks post op. It was shorter, and heavy the entire time (but not heavier than it was in the past.) I didn't have any unusual cramping...it was pretty normal.
    Kinda Regards, Erica
  • Options
    i got mine about 30 days after my very early natural m/c in september.  it was fairly regular, though on the lighter side.  i don't know whether or not i ovulated that first post-m/c cycle, but i definitely ovulated the following cycle, because i got pregnant again, though it was ectopic.  i am now about 3 1/2 weeks post-op from the removal of that ectopic pregnancy and haven't had any period yet, though i'm kind of crampy tonight.  we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Got mine six weeks after D&C.  Mine was super heavy and that seems to be my new normal.  Are you waiting more than one cycle before trying again?

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yes, my doc told me to wait 2 cycles. I had a pretty large cyst that I also have to go back for an ultrasound to make sure it hasn't grown. She wanted me to get the cyst taken care of bf trying again as well. Part of me is glad about the 2 cycle wait period, I am nervous and scared to try again :sigh:
  • Options

** DD mentioned**

I started mine today which is exactly 4 weeks from when I started bleeding (I had a d&c 2 days after I started bleeding). 

I started out pretty crampy with brown spotting. The cramps died down and the bleeding increased. So far it hasn't been too bad physically but emotionally it's hard because its yet another reminder if what we lost.

I was expecting it to be pretty horrific as I never had a period after I had DD - who is nearly 17 months old - but I'm guessing the fact that I had a d&c plays a role in that. 

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    I just got mine a few days ago. No cramping at all, which is very unusual for me (usually the first day I'm popping Advil like candy). I had a very heavy flow on the second and third day - more so than usual, but my doctor had said I still had a small blood clot left in there post-miscarriage so that's probably why. It seems very light today.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"