Babies: 3 - 6 Months

cat in crib!!

Tonight is the second night DD has been in her crib. She is doing really well but I just went up to check on her and I found our cat in there sleeping with her! What the heck am I supposed to do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n

Re: cat in crib!!

• Squirt gun! Spray the cat every time you see it in the room and after 2-3 times the cat will do a simple association and won't go into the room. 

My cat stayed out if kids rooms and kitchen counters using a simple squirt gun from 99 cent store.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageetude de la vie:

Squirt gun! Spray the cat every time you see it in the room and after 2-3 times the cat will do a simple association and won't go into the room. 

My cat stayed out if kids rooms and kitchen counters using a simple squirt gun from 99 cent store.  

In the meantime, keep your LO's door closed so the cat can't get in the room.  Also, I've heard something about aluminum foil being like a kitty krytonite?  You could line the railing with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • We keep the door to her nursery closed and use a video monitor to keep our eye on her. Love your daughter's name, by the way!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd keep the door closed and monitor the crib via monitor.
    m/c 2013
  • We put foil in the crib as soon as we put it up and it only took a couple of types of the cat jumping in there for him to realize he didn't like the foil. No problems since then.aybe you can put foil in there when the baby isn't in there, so if the cat tries to get in he won't like it.
  • We keep the door shut when we put DD to bed. Then we lock the kitties in our bedroom with us so that they can't/won't get in the crib at night while we are sleeping.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • I say it depends on your cat.

We tried to keep my cat out of the crib and nothing worked. I finally gave up and let her sleep in there while he was in there for naps and I was awake to check in on them. The cat is absolutely fine with him...he can pull the hell out of her fur and she just lays there. She never tries to lay on top of him, just next to him. So I let her because I know she's fine, but I'm awake to keep an eye on her. He sleeps in our room at night so we don't have to worry about that.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Keep the bedroom door closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"