Multiples

Moms of 3 or more?

What car /truck /SUV do you fit multiple carseats in?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of 3 or more?

• I have a Honda Odyssey 2006.  We use the first row of seats for rear facing car seats in the captain chairs and the middle seat has our toddlers front facing seat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I still cant beleive we did it, but we got 3 in our grand cherokee.  His graco 30, her dino radian, her graco 22.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • My Traverse works well but we can only use half the back seat because of the size of our stroller. DH's Suburban fits everyone and everything but the gas mileage sucks so we don't drive it much. We have the boys in the captain chairs I. The middle and DD at the very back. Granted DD is old enough to climb in and out and buckle herself.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have a toyota sienna minivan. 05 I think.

we bought it when we were TTC but had no clue we were going to have twins. I was totally against a minivan until I test drove it. I forget what model it is, but it's got a V6 with leather seats, but the main reason we bought the toyota vs a Honda at the time was because it has all-wheel-drive and we lived in the mountains of West Virginia where having to drive in the snow was a problem.

One draw back to my van is that there are only 2 captain's chairs in the middle row. It's an '05 so I don't know if that has changed with the newer models. The babies ride RF in the middle row captain's chairs and my older two have the back bench seat to themselves with an empty seat in the middle. My 4 yr old is still in a booster seat and my 12 year old is skinny, but tall for his age. I am able to fit both my double jogger (in siggy pic) and a double umbrella stroller in the trunk space and still have room for a few groceries and maybe a large bag of dog food.

If you have a choice, regardless of the vehicle you select, I'd highly recommend leather seats because it makes clean up so much easier. Trust me on this, lol.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Haven't actually tried yet, but I have a Trail Blazer. We'll have the twins and a two year old all smushed in the back. Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Suburban- but we will have 6 when these twins come. Also the snow here is ridiculous...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2011 Honda pilot, though I still covet a minivan at times. I have one in a booster third row twins and non booster kid in second row. It works but they have to flip the seat down for my 8yo to get in. It would be harder if I have to buckle him in and will be annoying for the middle seat twin when they get into convertibles, hence my covet.
  • 2 graco 22s and radian across hyundai sonata. Bought 2 more radians.

• We have a Toyota Sienna and it works great for 3.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We have 5 carseats in our '09 sedona!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did a MaxiCosi, Radian and high back booster in our 2003 Toyota 4 Runner. Now we are in the place where we have 2 in 5 point harnesses, 1 in a back booster and we are expecting twins. We will definetly need a new vehicle!
  • 2011 Toyota Sienna for my three. I second the plug for leather seats! We took out one middle row seat and have lots of space to wrestle them all into their seats without getting rained on. Our car is a traveling apartment - toys, snacks, stroller, bags, extra clothes, books, magazines, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"