Cloth Diapering
Options

Is it to late to really bother?

We have the two boys, 3 yr old Buddy and 10 mo old Tiny.  We tried CDing when Buddy was a baby and it just never stuck. Plus I had a really hard bout with PPD/A and just wasn't in the right frame of mind. 

We're trying to potty train Buddy right now and I don't know if he's having a hard time PT because we use disposables? Its keeping him to comfortable.  

The only other thing is I'm not totally sure I can convince DH that its actually a better deal for us to CD, especially after we ponied up 500$ on CD's for Buddy and then didn't use them, I did sell most of them but did not get back even close to what was invested in them.

Tiny is most likely our last baby. We aren't ruling out a third but I am pretty much done with the newborn/infant stage (I have 2 kids that don't STTN. Mama's tired)

What all would I need for CDing basically an older infant/toddler? I'm also really only interested in pocket diapers that I can prestuff.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Is it to late to really bother?

• Options

With a 10 month old and a non-PL-ed toddler, I would say it's definitely not too late.

With 24-28 pocket diapers you would probably have enough for both kiddos and still only wash every other day depending on how many diapers your older child uses (you might have to wash every day and a half at first). If you just wanted to CD your younger child 20 diapers would be enough for every other day washing. Obviously there are lots of options for building your stash, but if you want to get them all at once a stash of Kawaii (www.theluvyourbaby.com) will likely be less than what you spend on sposies in 3 months especially with their 20% off coupon through January 3. I'd get a mix of square tabs (aplix or snap or both) and a few Good Night Heavy Wetters.

You would also need 2 pail liners or 2 hanging wetbags for dirties storage. And a couple of smaller wetbags for the diaper bag. Plus CD-safe cream (no Desitin or A&D or pretty much any mainline cream) and CD-friendly detergent (Tide is fine so long as your LOs aren't sensitive to it).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies. I like the prices over at Kawaii. I might have to show DH and get him on board. Do they usually run coupon codes? I doubt he'll be on board before the 3rd. 

I make all our own diaper cream (lanolin, beeswax and tea tree oil)

I use Eco's from costco??  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just as a note those pockets have a stay dry liner and your 3 year old would still not feel wet so it wouldn't be advantageous in terms of PT.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"