Central Florida Babies
Options

Maybe Moving to Gainesville

Hi everyone, I used to be a frequent poster in the baby boards when my baby was little, but haven't been around for a while and just created a new account.

I wasn't sure whether to post this in North Florida or Central Florida, since I'm not really familiar with the area.  So I'm going to post it in both!

DH and I live in Georgia with our 3 year old son and hub's just finishing up his military service with the Army. He has a job offer with the VA in Gainesville as a Nurse, and we're very seriously considering it. We're coming down to explore, but I was hoping to get some guidance before we go. Specifically:

1. Where can we find a good 2b/2ba apartment for less than $900?
2. Are there any good preschools in the area who would accept a child without regard to when his birthday was? My son is very bright (already starting to read) and is ready for school. I don't want to make him wait until he is almost 4 just because his birthday falls late in the year.
3. Besides the nature attractions, what else is there to do that a 3 year old would enjoy? Any soccer teams for his age?
4. Are there any good Korean restaurants down there?

If you have any advice about the VA, we'd love that as well. Specifically about pay/benefits would be great.

Thank you!!

Re: Maybe Moving to Gainesville

• Options

I live in the Sanford Orlando area and unfortunately do not know too much about Gainesville.  From what I heard "the only thing in Gainesville is the college."  Other than that I can tell you that they are in the process of building a brand new VA hospital in Orlando.  My husband is also a nurse so he's been looking into a lot.  (Currently a nurse on a vascular floor at another hospital.). 

Good luck and sorry I couldn't be any help.  

ACruz2011 proudly expecting Baby Cruz #2 in January 2016!
  • Options
    Thanks anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"