Multiples
Options

EBFing twins at 2 weeks - ?s

BFing is going great, but I am waking up in the mornings absolutely depleted, with killer headaches. I think it's probably dehydration and the fact that I'm doing 8 feedings a night...how do you handle this? I'm going to try to keep even MORE water in the bedroom and maybe snacks, too? The daytime seems easier because I can snack and drink all day, which I am doing, but I feel like the constant nursing at night is just taking everything I have! I know that with singletons the two-week growth spurt means a huge bump in nursing, so I'm prepared for that, but I'm still feeling a little worn down. Any tips for staying hydrated and well-fed when you're nursing twins?? 
imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: EBFing twins at 2 weeks - ?s

• Options

imageBananaPancake:
    BFing is going great, but I am waking up in the mornings absolutely depleted, with killer headaches. I think it's probably dehydration and the fact that I'm doing 8 feedings a night...how do you handle this? I'm going to try to keep even MORE water in the bedroom and maybe snacks, too? The daytime seems easier because I can snack and drink all day, which I am doing, but I feel like the constant nursing at night is just taking everything I have! I know that with singletons the two-week growth spurt means a huge bump in nursing, so I'm prepared for that, but I'm still feeling a little worn down. Any tips for staying hydrated and well-fed when you're nursing twins?? 

DEFINITELY keep snacks in your room next to your nursing station!! I did this for at least a couple months. My stomach would growl so loudly during MOTN feedings that DH could hear it! I also always went up to bed with a full 32oz jug of water. It sucks because I felt like my teeth were never clean (brush before bed, snack 1.5 hours later... WAY too tired to brush again... etc) LOL! Snack as much as you possibly can! I liked animal crackers, trail mix, and granola bars for convenience factors. Take care of you mama! You're doing great Smile

Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

• Options
    I nurse on the couch but every time I do I take a bottle of water out of the fridge and finish it (I only like water super cold hence the fresh bottle each time).  I am not as healthy as the other ladies, I ate pastries all night long, or cheeze-its, or sugar wafers, oreos, anything I could eat one handed without dripping on the girls.  It is only in the last 1-2 weeks that I dont find myself voraciously hungry in the middle of the night. I still drink the water though.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! I'm glad you asked this. I've got to remember this when my two are born.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    My hospital gave me these huge 32 oz straw mugs. I had 4 and I would fill them up and keep them on my night stand with snacks. I'd drink a half to a whole bottle of water and have a snack with each feeding.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"