Babies: 9 - 12 Months

4 to 3 bottles and flip flopping bottle to solids first

My almost 10 month old hasn't been finishing her bottles she has taken 4 bottles a day since like 4-5 months. A few times when I would offer her a 11am bottle after her first am nap she would drink like 1-2oz then want to play and wouldn't finish it until like noon. So I think she is ready for 3 bottles a day. Anyone else's baby take 3 bottles a day and if so I'd love to get an idea of your schedule.

Also I've always fed her the bottle first then waiting an hour or close to offer solids. Now that she is approaching one soon I'd like to flip flop and offer solids first. Since she will have one less bottle a day now and has two naps I figure it would look like below. I put (ish) because times can vary from 15-45min depending.

7 ish Wake breakfast

9 ish Bottle 1st nap following

11 ish small snack (or lunch haven't decided)

12-12:30 lunch (or small snack)

2ish bottle 2nd nap

5ish dinner

7ish bottle then bed

Or if I stayed the same order as we currently do with one less bottle our day would be

7ish wake bottle

8ish breakfast

9ish nap

11ish snack (replace )bottle

12ish lunch

2ish nap

3:30-4ish bottle

5-5:30 dinner

7-7:30 bottle

Anyone have a similar day? Has anyone switched the order from bottle/bm to solids first?

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 4 to 3 bottles and flip flopping bottle to solids first

• We mostly do your second outline, except now I give her milk maybe an hour after her lunch, and then after her afternoon nap she has a snack and some water.

I BF, so it works for me to nurse first thing in the morning because then I can lie in bed a bit longer. LO generally wakes between 6 and 630am to nurse. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• i have recently started to struggle with this as well.... He usually takes his wake up ( 630 am) and bedtime (7 pm) bottles with no problems, but the mid day ones are a struggle... for about two months now he has started randomly refusing his bottles... But its so random... some days he will want one after a nap the next day he wont, but I would say more of then than not, he doesn't take a bottle. The last few days he has wanted solids after his naps and not his bottles.... I tried to hold him off with a mum mum or puffs but that doesn't last... I was thinking what if i switched and gave him his lunch earlier and then his bottles right before his naps since he usually doesn't want it after the nap... what do we think?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • btw my Lo will be a year on saturday
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"