Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Harrisburg Hospital

We just found out that we will be moving from southern Alabama to Harrisburg in a couple weeks (I'll be 37 weeks pregnant, thanks for that Army!) and it's looking like this is where I'll end up delivering.  The hospital I was using down here is amazing, as nice as a hotel room! I haven't been able to find any pictures of the rooms online (and obviously I can't go tour it in person and I need to make my decision and set up appointments before getting up there)...does anyone who has delivered there have any pictures of the hospital/rooms that they wouldn't mind sharing? 

Re: Harrisburg Hospital

• Options
    Where are you choosing between? Harrisburg is nicer than holy spirit but, I've heard, not as nice as Hershey so it depends on your options and location. For what it's worth, I had my first child in a very nice hospital around Philly but I didn't like many of the staff and bc of that the experience was not great. This time I delivered at Harrisburg hospital and while the facility was not nearly as nice, the staff was incredible and I had a great experience. To me that was far more important than the decor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had looked at Holy Spirit, but haven't had any luck getting a doctor from there to accept me so far along so I think I will be sticking with Harrisburg.  I wasn't interested in Hershey because they had the highest c-section rates and while Holy Spirits were lowest, they are out of network with my insurance.  

Could you describe the rooms/floor for me if nobody has pictures? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The delivery rooms are regular tile floors and they have a bathroom in them for you with a whirlpool tub/shower. They have windows and depending on where you are in the building, you may be able to see the river. You are in a hospital bed and there is a chair that reclines to laying position for spouse. The postpartum rooms are also tile floor with a bathroom and has a standup shower in it. They have small tv's in the rooms and a phone attached to your bed. They also have a closet/pantry type piece of furniture in the room that has a sink in it and a mirror. There is room to put your personal belongings in the furniture. There isn't really anything to write home about but they are sufficient. They are a clean hospital and the staff were pretty friendly.
  • Options

Personally, I'd choose Harrisburg over any other hospital in the area.  Hershey is a teaching hospital, and they actually have fewer and smaller rooms.  I would only recommend them if you are considered a high-risk pregnancy.  

The delivery rooms at Harrisburg are rather large, although they ask you to pack two bags - one for delivery and another for when you move to the postpartum room, and then you are to only bring in your postpartum bag in after delivery.  They let you stay in the delivery room for around an hour after the birth which is nice.  As stated in a prior post, the delivery rooms have whirlpool tubs with handheld shower heads and both the delivery and postpartum rooms have reclining chairs for anyone who might be joining you overnight.  It's definitely a hospital, not a birthing center, but their facilities are good overall.  Sorry I don't have any pics!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"