Two Under 2
Options

Good double stroller that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

So our kids will be 22m apart.  I'm wanting to get a double stroller and I've been reading through past posts and looking at the recommendations, but a lot of them are so expensive!  I could spend that money but I just feel like it is too much.  I'm hoping for something under $300.  Under $200 would be awesome.

I mostly use the stroller for walks in the summer around our neighborhood (all paved sidewalks) or in stores/malls.  I don't really need an all-terrain.  I'm not a runner so I don't need a jogging type stroller.  I have a Graco carseat that needs to fit into the stroller.  I think I might prefer a tandem (with stadium like seating) but I'm not totally opposed to side by side if the reasons are great.

I've been looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ready2Grow-Stand-Stroller-Metropolis/dp/B005VM63X0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2S735IL97RZQS&coliid=I3SKO5X9WTY3S

I like how it has so many options and of course the price.  But is it a good stroller??  DD is not a huge fan of the stroller because she loves to walk, but I can't trust her to walk on her own--maybe I will closer to when the next baby is here, but I'm not sure.  And I like to do my research well in advance so I can make an informed decision. 

I also really want a good sized basket (my Graco travel system stroller has a decent size one, but the opening isn't really big enough for me to get by bag down there) and I want a parent tray and tray for LOs (at least a cup holder, but like having a tray to give DD snacks).

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Good double stroller that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

• Options
    The Graco ready 2 grow was the double I originally had planned to get but we went to bru and dh thought it would be good to try it in my car. Good thing because it didn't fit!

We used a contour one and we both loved it but that also didn't fit. Very smooth and easy to turn. We ended up with the Graco metro light, I think. We looked at so many I still can't remember... Lol

• Options

imageblondie42107:
    The Graco ready 2 grow was the double I originally had planned to get but we went to bru and dh thought it would be good to try it in my car. Good thing because it didn't fit! We used a contour one and we both loved it but that also didn't fit. Very smooth and easy to turn. We ended up with the Graco metro light, I think. We looked at so many I still can't remember... Lol

Thanks!  

I forgot to mention I have a large SUV with a large "trunk" area so I'm not too concerned about space.  Though the smaller and lighter probably the better.  But not a huge deal to me.  My DH's car is smaller but we probably won't take it anywhere with both kids bc we won't be able to put both carseats in his car without his knees hitting the steering wheel when he drives :/  At least not until DD is FF in her carseat. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought an old (2002 ish) Graco DuoGlider at a garage sale for $35.  It's really heavy, but it has served our purposes.  It will someday soon just snap and we will through it to the curb.  Aside from the weight and sometimes the steer ability, it's been a pretty good stroller.  
  • Options
    I bought a Graco DuoGlider for under $100 after DD2 was born last year. It's been a great stroller for us. It's not too heavy, IMO, and fits well in the trunk of my compact car. It steers fairly well, I've even managed with one hand for short amounts of time, and the basket is huge. We use it for walks in the neighborhood, the mall, the zoo, etc.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DS was 20 mo old when DD was born and we bought a Ready 2 Grow and love it! We have a mini van so storage wasn't an issue for us either (though if you pop off one of the sun shades and the front tray it is almost as small as a single stroller when you fold it up) I keep it folded this way so I can have it upright in the trunk and still have half my storage space available since it stays in my car 100% of the time. 

Some of the pros- the different seating options, great price, works great for going for walks, running errands, going to the zoo, etc. It's relatively light for a double stroller and steers pretty well for a tandem. 

Now that DS is older we use it more as a sit n stand especially when we go places like the zoo where he is up and down and out of the stroller a lot. I also really liked being able to face the baby when she was little. The only cons is that the storage basket can be hard to get to but we rarely use that and when we do I just put stuff in there that I won't be needing often (like when we go to the zoo I put our lunch cooler down there since I only need to get to it 1x). The space of the storage is a decent amount though. I just hang the diaper bag from the handle on the back. Also if you or your DH are particularly tall I would make sure to walk around the store pushing it- I am taller (almost 5'9") and DH is a few inches taller than me and I know he sometimes thinks its awkward to push b/c his feet almost hit the back if that makes any sense. So if you or DH is taller than 6ft you might want to check that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"