Parenting after a Loss
Options

What were your post partum aches and pains?

Aside from pushing a kid out or having a c section what new aches and pains did you have in the days and weeks after? I was hit with a throbbing headache at the back of my head yesterday morning and today I am very sore in the neck and shoulders. I've been popping 3 to 4 ibuprofen every 6 hours...it does very little. Sigh. I'm not sure if BFing is contributing to it. I have DD on top of two Boppys so I'm not really holding her. I sooooo wish I could take a hot bath right now.
DS born 2009
BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What were your post partum aches and pains?

• Options

At 4d the sutures (for a tear, tmi:) felt like worms down there.  At 5d I had a nosebleed.  At 7d I had intense abdominal cramping.  At 3w I had aching in my hips, thighs and calfs for one week.  At 4w I had headaches.  At 5w my pp bleeding stopped.  My pg-induced carpal tunnel took forever to go away...

On the other hand, at 8d I wore normal shoes, at 11d I slept on my stomach, at 3w I put on low-riding pre-pg jeans, at 7w I slept 4 hours...  today (with DH's help) I slept 10 hours :)

Congrats on your babe!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I had to take tylenol and ibuprofen for a month every couple of hours, and then every other day for another week, for pelvic pain - and I swear, I have like torn cartilage/muscle (something!) along the bones.  But it is healing - albeit as slow as molasses - so my OB isn't concerned.  She told me it could take three to six MONTHS for my pelvis to stop aching D:

I also have joint pain in my hands and back (at first from bad edema during pregnancy, and now I think just from carrying all that water retention around for months on end, which has left me with swollen tendons - especially around my wrists . . . that and schlepping my baby everywhere lol) 

Hope you heal up quickly! 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Where do I start?  LOL

Yes, BFing is definitely contributing to what you describe from craning your neck down to look at her.

I had headaches, vision problems (floaters), weak wrists, sore muscles all over, and pins and needles in arms and feet.

It is all better now, though, except the sore muscles from lugging around a 22 pound baby! 

• Options

I didn't have too many.. I swear a lot of my "quick recovery" stemmed from the fact that DS was in the NICU so I was up on my feet the minute they took out the catheter and walking to the NICU.  By the time I came home 4 days later, I was perfectly fine.. OB even had cleared me to drive (which, I didn't for quite some time just because I was afraid of over-doing it)..

BFing was a nightmare, as were most memories from those first weeks because DS had terrible tummy issues and colic.. but, the only physical complaint I remember having was headaches.. by the time I came home from the hospital, I wasn't taking any pain meds.. except and Ibuprofen every once in a while if I was feeling achey/sore.  The headaches were gone by my 6w pp appointment.

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options
    My neck is sore from looking down while BFing. I had wicked, wicked cramps while BFing for the first few days; like labor intense, then they tapered off. I took Motrin for the first few weeks.

After DD 1 was born, my crotch killed. I had had an episiotomy w her so the stitches were murder.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh to all those pp pains! I also have carpal tunnel in both hands that started in 3 rd tri and I was hoping they'd vanish with the heartburn. Nope. I can eat everything I want but the carpal tunnel is worse than ever.
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"