Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

phantom arm pain?

for some reason DD cried bloody murder yesterday when i put her in her jumper. after some holding, she was fine. we couldn't figure it out... her leg got a little stuck, but it always does, and i just straightened it out, i thought maybe she just didn't like it or something. later that night, it happened again, we thought she was just tired, and she DID go to sleep with some rocking.

last night was the worse night she has slept in over a month. we thought maybe she was sick, because her cousin is sick with a pretty nasty cold, and we all live together. at 2 am, checked her temp, she was just fine. no coughing, no sneezing, and just a tiny runny nose from all the crying.

this morning, after feeding her, i had her propped up with her boppy and a pillow.  i came back into the room to see her in a slightly laying down position, that i could tell she was trying to correct, so i simply grabbed her right hand and pulled her forward. she screamed and screamed until i could rock her and calm her back down.

we checked her left arm, moved it all about, and rotated it, no problem. and did it to her right arm, if i go up, or back she will scream. i checked her arm out visually, no bruising, no redness. and it seems she can move it herself, so far, without becoming angry. but when i rotate her arm, you can feel her resisting it.

so i just gave her some pedia care fever reducer since it has a pain reliever in it as well. (its the only infant med we have) hoping it will help.

we are trying to think back to what might have caused it, but we just can't settle on one thing. she hasn't fallen, or any accidents. so it must be the way we are picking her up? or moving her arms into her car seat, or clothing?

she is having a great time playing in her jumper now, i picked her up and placed her down with her torso, instead of her arms.

any ideals ladies? i figured since she can move it, and there was no visible injury that it would probably be fruitless to rush to a doctor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: phantom arm pain?

• Options
    Actually, I'd probably rush to the doctor. LO is in obvious pain, and since I'm not an expert on anatomy, I'd be scared that something was seriously wrong (elbow dislocation,etc) and would take her to urgent care or the ER.
  • Options

imageFemShep:
    Actually, I'd probably rush to the doctor. LO is in obvious pain, and since I'm not an expert on anatomy, I'd be scared that something was seriously wrong (elbow dislocation,etc) and would take her to urgent care or the ER.

she was more than able to move it on her own, without any visable pain. and has since seemed fine after giving her the medicine. she only cried out when i moved it up and back, and now she seems fine. she is/was having a growth spurt, and we think it may have been some joint pain due to that. i remember as a kid growing, and my knees hurting pretty good, and the doc at the time just said 'growing pains!' but thanks for the advice, and concern!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd make a doc appt., but that's just me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"