Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How to drop the early morning feeding

My 8 month old son is waking up at 6am to eat. Up until now, it hasn't been a problem, as he'd go right back to sleep.  Lately though, it takes him about 45 mins to get back to sleep (I know he's not ready to get up for the day at this point - no sooner than 7am for him).  I have tried slowly reducing the amount of milk in his bottle (I have him down to 4 ounces, anything lower than that doesn't seem to work.  It just makes him angry).  I know he can make it to 7:00 or 7:30 without eating, as he's done it a few times before (and it was glorious!).  I've tried just holding him off, and trying to soothe him back to sleep, but no-go.  Also, I feel bad letting him cry it out at this point, as he's definitely wet and hungry, and the longer he cries, the more hungry he gets (and unfortunately, he's stubborn and will cry for hours).  Any suggestions?

Re: How to drop the early morning feeding

• Options
    imagewife07mom09:

6am is wake up time around here!  LO wakes between 5am-630am.  He gets fed, changed, dressed, played with and sometimes goes back down around 8-10am.

Personally I think your LO is ready to get up and CIO for morning time is not a good idea. get up and play. Sorry you want more sleep just know it will come in time. 

this exactly. my LO wakes up any time between 5:30-7:30... anything before 5:30 and I try to get him back down but if it is after 5:30, he is up for the day... and he is back down for a nap two hours later (and I am too!!!!) :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is what I was afraid of lol.  Thanks ladies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What time does he go to bed?
  • Options
    He's usually asleep by 7.  He can't seem to stay up any longer. He can sleep right through the night to 7:30, but this darned 6am thing is getting in our way!
  • Options
    I am blessed enough to be able to stay home. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful that he sleeps as long as he does, the only problem is that when he does wake up at 6, he's not ready to get up for the day experience tells me he needs to sleep until 7 in order to not be cranky all day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"