Toddlers: 24 Months+

doing weird things

I am starting to have a panic attack.  My son is randomly doing these weird things and it makes me so nervous something is going on with him.  He will spin in circles, walk on his toes, shake his head back and forth, squint his eyes, and I noticed him once or twice cross his index finger over his middle finger.

I feel like I actually get mad at him when he does these things because it makes me so nervous he is going to be autistic..or maybe something else.  I mean, I know toddlers sometimes do these things, but doing ALL of these things seems so alarming.

He doesn't do these things even a whole lot if I'm being honest about it.  Maybe once every few days he will spin in a circle, and do it once, and I tell him to stop and he stops. 

He was in speech since 18 months, but his speech therapist said he's doing great and will test out in February.  I asked her about these things the other day but she said she doesn't even see them.  She goes to his DC and this other kid there spins and she said she knows he picked it up from him.  

I asked her flat out about these things, and she said she really thinks he's fine and toddlers do this.  I have NEVER seen a toddler do any of this!  

My son seems normal in every other respect besides these strange things he does.  He seems interested in kids, he makes excellent eye contact, uses words really well, is putting words together now, points to things of interest, looks to see if we are looking at what he looks at, imitates us... basically all of the things I see on the autism red flag list. 

I just don't know what to make of this, and it is really upsetting me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: doing weird things

• Sounds normal to me

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Chill out. Don't tell him to stop when he's spinning in a circle, that's just crazy. Kids like to spin. He sounds totally normal to me.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Loading the player...
  • My kid does all of those things at different times.  I think you're supposed to worry if it happens all the time and goes on for more than a month or so.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"