Babies: 6 - 9 Months

XP: Bedtime/feeding question

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me stopping in and picking your brain.  My month board couldn't really help me with this.

Ok, so usually DS would go to sleep around 7:30 every night. We would feed him at 6:00 when he got home from day care but then he would require another small bottle at 7:30, i guess to comfort feed.

its gotten to the point where i just fed him 10 ounces (he also had 4 ounces at 5 pm) and he is in his swing, squeezing my hand like crazy, wide awake.

now the NICU nurses had always told me that when he is tense like that he is usually hungry. He just ate a crapload.

Or is he just not tired? Is his bedtime going to be later and later now that he gets older? 7:30-10 is my only sanity time for myself. Its not like he plays independently and I can do what i have to do. He always wants someone to play WITH him.  the last week or so he doesn't want to go to sleep until 9 pm and we usually feed again at 10 pm.

image image
                  Ayden & Sydney

Re: XP: Bedtime/feeding question

• He has been doing it for about a week but i was concerned it was a new permanent thing.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• I think babies go to bed earlier rather than later as they get older.

It could definitely be a growth spurt. There is one at the 6 month mark. DS was 3 weeks early so he probably won't be going through it for a few more weeks but I'll be on the lookout for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • yah, actually DS was 5 weeks early but i think he definitely going through it!

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"